Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 82 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

You might want to sit down for this. Points awarded for a) watching it through and b) digging it.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to sit down for this. Points awarded for a) watching it through and b) digging it.

Different, but not quite Beefheart's Magic Band. devil.gif

list.jpg

Indeed. Trout Mask Replica holds a hallowed spot on my shelf, but the guitarist above has a certain joie de vivre and tone(s) that I dig.

Anyway, what happened to Detroit?

Rob Tyner and Ron Asheton died.

post-6978-0-49313600-1296535194.jpg

You play the guitar?

Not as well as you! But like all hacks and posers, I can talk about my gear forever!

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Different, but not quite Beefheart's Magic Band. devil.gif

list.jpg

Ok, you don't have to share my opinion but I loved it. Once it got established you could see where it was going (after about 1 minute). Once it developed some coherence you could see where the beginning fitted into the piece. Yup, not quite Beefheart more Zappaesque in many ways. Even the addition of the beatbox into the combo worked quite well for me. I could listen to a lot of this stuff in a day. Super musicianship exhibited by all. Keep it coming. I'll retire to Pseud's Corner for the time being.....

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• Gold FFM

pygmy marmosets

marmoset.jpg

brilliant illusion

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg151/ramjet1962/?action=view&current=TerrificIllusion.mp4

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I only recently re-commissioned mine, after years of dust catching, it has an Ortofon cartridge and runs through a pre-amp as the new Marantz amps don't have a phono input. It still sounds great.

I've got stuff I've never managed to find on CD, so it's fun to be able to still play the Vinyl.

Not many of us connoisseurs left. :thumbsup:

I checked and I have a MicroAcoustics 2002-e cartridge. (seemed to be a hot thing at the time sooooooo many years ago). I originally played it through a Heathkit AR1500 receiver I built, but replaced that with a Denon AVR 3000 receiver in the mid 90's. Yes, with maybe 100 LPs I'm not about to throw them out or replace everything with CD or MP3. (I did duplicate a certain amount with CDs over time though). Sure is easier to program what you want and not have to get up and flip the platter and also the ability to listen to many CDs in a row. Sadly I don't think I have any rare LPs or jacket art. I do remember the quality of vinyl going down near the end with many returns for pops, etc, but indeed a quality vinyl recording is a nice thing to experience again.

Gordon

Looks like we have a logo, that looks fantastic. Does it need the words Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland incorporated in there somewhere to explain what LEGS stands for (pardon the pun).

Why not post it in the Scotland regional forum for everyone there to download and either use as an Avatar or in their signature?

Edited by bingoking

Bibs thanks for that I think explaining what LEGS is and also inserting the TLF logo and website details looks great and finishes it off nicely. :unworthy:

Bibs, Just about to post this in the Scotland section when I noticed that the website addresswrongly spelt. Any chance of correcting it please?

Edited by bingoking

looks good to me guys.

Did any of you get the link with the legs to Lotus?

Yup ... you got it bibs....thought it tied in well with the Lotus theme.

Have to say though... while i was searching the net looking for a picture long shapely pair of legs to use, Linda was giving me some weird looks.

Hard going, searching through all these pictures of legs you know :thumbsup:

Thats what you call "Taking one for the Forum" isn't it :whistle:

post-237-0-47085800-1296931422.jpg

Edited by GordonMasson

Thanks Bibs.

Gordon I didn't spot it, well done it looks fantastic.

I will re-post it in the LEGS area of the forum.

That may not be so far fetched. An ex-colleague went to work for a start-up company developing displays you could roll up and put in your pocket. And the other day, in Best Buy, they had a TV build into a bathroom mirror.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

I'm sure it isn't Bibs, but that almost looks like a surrealist painting. Amazing...

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)