Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 84 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Hmm. Why won't the clip show up in the page? Why does it just show as an external link?

Edited by Laura
It does when you do it right ;-)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

There's a supermarket near me that's had a "British" food section for at least 20 years, even though everyone working there is Mexican and there's literally one guy from England in the entire neighborhood. Anyway, I saw this on the shelf one day. Can someone please tell me why Thursday and not any other day of the week?

post-6978-0-81530400-1298081496_thumb.jp

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

That would have to be throw back from the "Ahh Bisto" days, How it ended up as Thursday I don't know, maybe a current Brit, rather than an "I ain't been food shopping in the UK for a long time Brit, can shed some light on it.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Based on the packaging, you must be right about the Bisto connection...

post-6978-0-59871200-1298085095_thumb.jp

...but "Thursday" is still a mystery. There's nothing special about Thursday and food in the States.

But there is something special about this (been meaning to post this for ages): http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

One of my personal favorites: Naked Mohawk-Baby Carrot Jockeys!

The "Thursday" thing relates to a 2009 Bisto Advertising campaign... culled from Brand Republic...."Bisto's new packaging displays the notion of an "aah ..." night, although when I saw the new packaging in-store, only "aah Thursday" was left, which is rather limiting." IIRC, the idea was to get people to make gravy on weekdays rather than just Sundays... seems Thursday must be the least popular, since it's a 2009 campaign!! Bisto granules seem to last forever, though....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Ah, like "Prince Spaghetti Day" (Wednesday) in the States, from my youth:

I've been using Macs since the advent of OS X, over at least twenty machines between me and family and friends, which combined have only ever crashed three times, and while this wasn't a crash, it's got to be the best error message I've ever gotten (while installing Apple Loops for Garageband):

post-6978-0-35340300-1298233312_thumb.jp

Someone at Apple must have a sense of humor.

There's nothing special about food any day in the UK ! :thumbdown:

We all know you left the UK for Australia and we all know you think the weather/life/food/etc is much better there but the UK bashing does get a little :sleeping: at times.

The great British Sunday Roast is indeed the purpose of "Ahh Thursday" Normally "Ahh Bisto" of course, there was one for every day of the week:

Bisto_rebranding__383190878.jpg

I'd love to know what other 'British' delights that supermarket has to offer. It's interesting to see what non-natives think is the best of British (or at least the easiest to import!)

I'd love to know what other 'British' delights that supermarket has to offer. It's interesting to see what non-natives think is the best of British (or at least the easiest to import!)

If you mean the one I mentioned in another thread, have a look here.

I've never been to UK (unless passing through the airspace counts), so I haven't experienced any of the food beyond either the imported biscuits/sweets/etc. (which I like), and the odd made-here attempt at something (like when I lived in TexSux, one high-end grocer had locally-made British-style meat pies...also yummy).

I like how US bars & pubs make fish & chips, but I have no idea if any of them do it with any shred of authenticity.

Oh and the beer. Yes, I do like your beers. :cheers:

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

We all know you left the UK for Australia and we all know you think the weather/life/food/etc is much better there but the UK bashing does get a little :sleeping: at times.

Hell is where

The police are German

The mechanics are French

The cooks are British

The lovers are Swiss

The teenagers are American

The movie makers are Japanese

The musicians are Swedish

The women are Russian

And the whole thing is organized by the Italians...

Don't shot the messenger.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Ben, for some reason I have just browsed that entire shops online catalog! on dear....I wonder if there is an American version over here? (prob not in Norfolk, i'm still getting used to the indoor toilet) what did make me laugh was "taste of britain.......Indian"....so true :D :D

Given all the crappy chain-restaurants we've exported, how could you POSSIBLY want any more Yank-food? :hrhr:

Edited by The Veg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Tacoliatelle con Pesto di Frito (Fancy Beefy Crunch Burrito)

:sick::sick::sick:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hell is where

The police are German

The mechanics are French

The cooks are British

The lovers are Swiss

The teenagers are American

The movie makers are Japanese

The musicians are Swedish

The women are Russian

And the whole thing is organized by the Italians...

Don't shot the messenger.

I must admit that, as I walk through town, nearly every other restaurant is Australian. Not! The only Australian restaurant I can think of is Outback Steakhouse. What else has Australia offered the world of cuisine other than throwing anything you might want to eat onto a barbeque?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I'd shoot a bit of shelf footage for you, but the supermarket is closed and in the midst of a gut renovation. Maybe it'll open as a Tesco, which has already invaded Los Angeles.

Bibs, might I suggest that the TLF Shop start carrying certain sugary food items from the UK and US? We already know Chris is a mule, so he can supply you from this side of the pond. By the way, I'd like to put in a vote for a strategic marketing alliance with the good people at Buy Moxie, beverage of champions!

Screw the Twinkies--go for the Moxie! C'mon! It has the lovely taste of a mixture of cough syrup and battery acid! Grows hair on your chest and makes Red Bull seem like a sedative! Every garage needs one of these...

post-6978-0-51662700-1298348793_thumb.jp