Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Convoy From Dunston Hall Sunday AM - Lotus 60th Anniversary Event - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Convoy From Dunston Hall Sunday AM

Kimbers

Hi All.

Like always we all love a good hoon to the factory. Seeing peoples faces as we take over Thickthorne Roundabout and the A11 to the factory is brilliant.

We have lots of members staying in other hotels and thought it best to post up details here. I was guestimating a 9.00 arrival at Dunston for a 9.30 leave to Hethel. Lets remember that the gates aren't open till 10 and it only takes 15 mins to get there.

Is everyone happy with these arrangements?

One problem is getting out of Dunston. Who evers at the front will have to drive carefully to ensure everyone gets out together. Lets also have those camera's at the ready, we had some great "side by side" and shots of cars into the distance on the last one.

Please give me your thoughts/agreements here.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have the same number as the factory visit then I suggest that there should be a number of people who know exactly where they are going and that these people are spread out throughout the line. That way if we get separated, someone will know where they are going.

On the factory visit people ended up separated and then following someone who didn't know where they were going! Consequently a level of mayhem ensued (especially on some of those narrow lanes!!)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

So this is the proposed route?

A140 back up to the A47 junction. Ipswich road A47 junction to A11 Thickthorn junction, A11 to Wymondham and the Lotus turn off, then on to the Factory.

Edited by OwenGT3

Eactly that Owen. It's only a couple of roads so surely no one can get lost?

Hey Owen! Fancy setting up your camera on the fly over just after Ketteringham Junction? We can get both lanes full for some cracking shots of us and our little cousins....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Don't forget there will be 275 Elan M100s leaving Dunstan with you! :)

Oh shit - it's going to be chaos... :)

Hang on - I'm being silly. By the time the Elans have arranged themselves in order of colour the Esprits will be long gone :P:P

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

No Chaos as long as the other road users understand that WE own the road on that day!!

I remember the one last year when everyone ignored the lights on Thickthorne and the public just waited!

Eactly that Owen. It's only a couple of roads so surely no one can get lost?

Hey Owen! Fancy setting up your camera on the fly over just after Ketteringham Junction? We can get both lanes full for some cracking shots of us and our little cousins....

Hi,

Actually Tony there is a layby just a little further down, that would perhaps be the best place to do it from, you will see me on the road, plus I could set up another camera close to the ground to get some low shots of everyone coming by. I will have a look Saturday.

Owen.

• Gold FFM

As with any convoy, its the lead car that sets the pace. If cars get separeted at lights/junctions, the lead car needs to slow up so the backmarkers are not constantly chaseing the tail. Instead of constantly watching the car in front, always trying to catch it, the convoy aproach should be keep watching the car behind you, to make sure you dont lose them. Aproach it from the 'never lose the car behind you' instead of 'never lose the car infront' and everybody will stay together.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Has anyone thought that the contacting the police might help you to get out of Dunston Hall? It would be in their interest to make the exit onto the road a safe one.

I'm going to have a scout tomorrow for a good video shot location, although the bridge isn't bad, also the A11 layby, I think I will find it hard to get back in the flow of traffic once you have all gone by, so I might go for a location further down the route, I will still get you all then, but should be able to tag on the end once you have passed.

Owen

I was supposed to be meeting up at Birchanger today, but an ill wife and child means I cannot go until later. I want to meet up at Dunston in the morning. What is the route from there to Hethel? I know Wymondham, so specifics would be good - are we going A47, A11, off at the Browick junction, and down Stanfield Road?

Edited by Andjons

Andrew

Are you travelling up today or in the moring ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein