Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Come on Martyn, don't be shy - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Come on Martyn, don't be shy

Laura

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good choice...

Mine's a daily driver with 140k on the clock now - enjoy! B)

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

No probs there Martyn. A Lotus is a Lotus. Even if you'd have bought something else, you still have the Esprit! Anyway, why worry what we think, you're the guy with the 2 Lotus's.....That puts you into a very select group on here and one we are all jealous of.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

See Martyn, didn't we say everyone would love the new car.

I'd quite like one myself to be honest but it might be a bit of a pain trying to transport the kids around in two two-seaters all the time :scared:

IMG_4949_2.jpg

:scared:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Thanks for all the kind comments. I've had my eye on an Elise for a while now but wasn't sure it would be practical for day to day driving, however after chating with Barry Ely he reckoned the only thing that really stops them is water in the spark plug holes which is easily cured with silicone rubber round the plug cover. As long as you're not carrying a passenger there is plenty of room in the passenger footwell and on the seat and the boot isn't that bad as long as you can get things through the small D shaped opening. I'm hoping to get hold of a hard top for it soon so will be already for the winter weather :dizzy:

Martyn :no

Water in the distributer also stops Elises - if you can get a rear vent cover to stop this. When mine went the AA turned out, he knew straight away why the car wouldn't starts as it had been raining, then the boot release cable snapped LOL. The dis is just situated under one of the main vents - DOH !

Amazing, superb, fantastic cars, anyone who bashes them simply hasn't driven one - it's not the speed but the physics bending handling - wait until you get it 4 wheel drifting !!!!

Tyres look like Toyos ? IMO thats where the best money on this car is spent to exploit the grip.

Be wary of the hard tops, they are an awful lot of money and most people hardly use them becuase you can't store them in the car, but they do look cool.

Enjoy the 'buggy' - makes me wish I still had mine !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Ooo. Nicey. Enjoy Martyn :no

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Nicely done Martyn - great car.

Do I detect the start of a collection here??? Whats next on the wish list??

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'd love one Martyn but transporting 2 kids and all they come with is the problem, hence the V70 Volvo :no

I'm jealous..................enjoy it matey

Graha

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Nicely done Martyn - great car.

Do I detect the start of a collection here??? Whats next on the wish list??

Well I'd like an S1 Esprit but thats well in the future for the time being and I really love Cliff's S4S as well :)

Jon, The tyres are Yokohama Advans's which now look a bit worse for wear after a 70mph spin at the Club Lotus driver training yesterday :blush: as you say they do drift well and I easily clipped 8 seconds of my time in the Esprit last year on the same course. Oh and don't worry the distributor is sealed up with silicone as well :lol: .

Martyn :welcome: