Bigsi's new car - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bigsi's new car

bigsi

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as soon as it stops raining i will take some better pics of interior and engine etc.

its not stock at all and engine has been remapped and tuned etc, uprated dampers/springs calipers etc and exhaust system.

theres loads of room inside for me, the drivers seat is lower and has an automated lumbar pump with bolster supports, its much easier on my back and legs and very easy to get in and out of.

we put cammys seat in the back and he fits ok along with the baby carrier too.

insurance was ok and not too high and i managed to get kelly on the insurance also.

well its british and if i remember rightly, didnt mr.k do stuff with jaguar at some point? the only other option was a merc cl500 or 600 and the 600 was silly insurance as it was a v12 and kelly wasnt having any of that.

no i didnt sell it, the only people interested were vultures who wanted to strip it for parts to sell. i did an exchange with the xk and the new owner has already taken it for a respray, that was the last thing that it needed and something i was thinking of doing this winter. i couldnt manage it anymore getting in and out was painful and i couldnt keep buying new seats and trying them out and trying to basically ram a square peg in a round hole, albeit a slightly well rounded square peg.

it came to a point where i had to make a decision that was right and it was made under advisment too.

do i miis the car? every damn day, evry minute of every day i cant go out and clean it up, or tinker with it, or polish it, or do some of the tings i want to, to it anymore.

am i happy with the replacement? yes its very nice, but your taken away from the road, your not part of it anymore, but the main thing is i have driven it without incident and its comfotable. the only thing is figuring out all the buttons, as im only a 3rd through the manual.

its a nice ride and very different in sports mode & traction control off with the paramount mods done to it.

Very nice, I have a XJ6 3.2 and it is like driving a living room, so comfortable.

I have been thinking of getting a standard XK8 for a day to day car as they are so cheap now. I bet the paramount one goes like an Aston Martin. Jags are great cars.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

same base structure as a db7 i was told, its been mistaken for an aston a few times already lol, but yes its comfortable and effortless, as ofr foot down sheer madness, yep, turn sport on and traction off and its a little insane, i have done it once, never again..

what a piece of toss you have bought SIMON!!!!!!!

JOKE!!!! i really like XK's, kitted and modified even better, i love the baby blue max show car

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

So you got yourself an old man's car then?!! :P

:scared:

Looks nice mate - I really like the modified front end - really helps to make it more unique.

Shame the Esprit had to go but with the health problems you've been having, it was inevitable. At the end of the day, it was YOUR car, you can do whatever the F*k you like with it - it's only a car and your health is more important mate :rofl:

Have fun with it :sick:

Oh, and rto anyone who has sent him sh|tty emails... You're sad introspective, self centred, navel gazing f**k and need to get a life.

You have NO place in the 'community' you think you're going on about as the whole idea always was mutual SUPPORT.

You suck so much that this is merely a drop in the ocean of attempting to find words to describe you.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Good work!

I doubt it but if I or anyone else here can help - you know you only have to ask!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

basically i have been told to "curl up and die" my wife is a "leeching f c" and "i have betrayed everyone" "should be shot" "burned alive" "disgrace to the mark" and it goes on and thats the stuff i can just about type

i tried and tried my best , i did what i could and then more i dont know what else i could have done, i explained i was worried what you would all think of me, i apologised for the fact i was letting it go, i have cried about it, regretted it and everything else. and now im supposed to hang my head in shame about it.

all i want to do is live my life the best i can with my family, is that to much to ask?

Simon. Just send Bibs the e-mails and we'll sort it. There's no need to get upset etc.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I can't believe that any member of LEF would sent an email containing that, please send them to me asap! I've checked the forum email logs and no-one has sent any from here directly, no idea how they would have got your email address either or why they would send them now all at once when we knew you'd traded the car last week, very concerning?

I'm also locking this thread, for now, to let everyone take 5 and relax.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Simon

I lecture on a forensic computing course at University and email tracking is one subject area we deal with.

If you send me the offending emails (I will need the complete emails including all the headers - not just the subject headers etc) then I can run them through our fairly sophisticated systems that are used to trace emails.

We should be able to trace the origin of the emails and the added bonus is that the techniques used are those used in forensic computing and hence address the legal aspects.

PM me for an email address to send the emails to.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Well done Simon - sounds like you bagged a beaut! My 'other' car is an XJ-R (now that IS an old man's car, but I'm heading to that stage of life I guess) and before Lottie I had a new XJ-S (3.6 manual) and a couple of cars before that an old XJ-S V12.

If there IS reincarnation, I don't want to be a petrolhead next time. I've blown

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"