Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 40 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

And you thought I was over the top BEFORE I saw her.

What a fabulous evening, the lady is truly a star. I am very appreciative to have the opportunity to see / hear her live.

I'm also happy that at my age I can still get excited and passionate about the things I love. :thumbsup: Life's good.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm on a roll, life just keeps getting better.

I picked up my new glasses today, and wow what a difference, these are the new multi focal ones, and I mean new because although they have existed for a few years now, in fact my old reading and computer glasses were multi focal, only recently have the advances been made to accommodate my full prescription.

I went to have lunch with a friend so drove some way up the mountains, I can see all the gauges at a glance, I have more better colour depth in my vision, much improved definition, I can see much more clearly mid distance, more detail in the edge of the road, so I could go harder with more confidence into the corners.

On the way home I stopped at the supermarket, no more changing glasses to read labels, to key in my pin number. It all just gives another level of confidence. A huge improvement to my quality of life.

So they cost a fortune, I hang them on face every day 24/7 it's a bargain. :animier::animier::animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hope you got flexi-frames if you 24/7 them. :turned:

I got the progressive lenses a number of years ago, but don't have them with my sunglasses and hate I can't read the gauges with the Rx suns, so I use a clip on shade at times. (Doesn't look cool, but saves a fortune!!! ) :rolleyes:

Edited by comem47

Heard that Red Nose day has raised 78,000,000 pounds this year, the most ever. More than one pound per person in the country. That's impressive.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Yep, that's pretty good. Shame it can't buy happiness the world over (and health).

Had a lovely walk through one of our local woodlands today and watched a buzzard, common kestrel and some canadian geese, a bumble bee and some very loud people dressed as medieval soldiers :horse:

only without the horse.

Came home the country way past a very lovely pub serving a good dose of peace, quiet, papers and a large glass of something.

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Spring is here ( well officially from tomorrow). That is enough to make me happy.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Very cool Mat - I think it was about 6.20am I watched this - hectic breakfast!

Today I learnt how to throw a rope tree surgeon style over a 20ftish high branch so I could raise a parachute cover, made my own fire using Silver Birch as tinder, striking a spark through flint and steel (eventually) and clearing the fire pit so you’d never know we had been there. Briefly touched on how to use a fire and bow set, we got smoke, blisters but not quite the ember, on the other hand it was the end of the day and I, personally was quite content.

If you are ever stressed, learn how to throw a rope over a branch...

...no, really :D

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

I built a PC gaming rig tonight with Sabertooth Mobo, i7 970 3.2GHz CPU, triple channel 6Gb 1866 RAM, water cooled, twin GeForce GTX 580 in SLI mode.

if I could lick my own balls for pleasure I would.

Its Awsome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you are ever stressed, learn how to throw a rope over a branch......no, really :D

Louise, I leaned years ago how (the lazy man's way) Use a fishing rod with a heavy lead weight on the end and point and cast !!! After the weight comes back down through the branches, tie the rope on the end of the fishing line and pull back through!!! (my needs are somewhat different as I put Amateur Radio wire antenna's up to the tops of 40-50 foot trees this way) I used to try to sling a weighted rope years ago until I was enlightened to the "fishing rod" or "bow and arrow" method!!! No sore shoulders, far more accurate, and a lot less frustration for me!!! :devil:

More electronics there than in the whole world around 1960.....

What do you use it for?

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Don't let he smoke out :blink:

Electricity is a myth, it's all run by smoke, as soon as you let the smoke out it'll stop working, guaranteed.

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

These put out serious smoke . The tubes are several inches tall and it takes a small nuclear reactor to power it (and makes a wonderful auxiliary heat source for the house! ) :devil:

Edited by comem47

Here is it is , drool.....

pic4.jpg

I just took ASUS to court,,,,,,,, and won. :yes:

Edited by Roger the Dodger

• 2 weeks later...

Our new suite arrived today. Sitting in my chair with some cans of John Smith cooling in the fridge in the arm, and being massaged by the massage system built into the chair :thumbsup:

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Realising tomorrow is April 1st and I can get revenge on my neighbours for years of April fools jokes which have included putting white lining on my prize lawn so it looked like a football pitch, hanging a blow up sheep outside the front door, putting black paper up on the bedroom window late at night so that when I woke up and opened the curtains thought it was still night time.

I wonder how they might react to seeing for sale signs in their drive ways :thumbsup:

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)