Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 97 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

What made me happy today. Well where do I start. Knowing that since being up from 0230 this morning. At 11.20 local time today I will be checking in for flight 5 of Kashagan project locally known as D Island. At approximatley 1500 hrs I will be having a proper meal with a beer, well as proper as you can get in Kazakhstan. I will be going to bed with no background noise of machinery or plant running. I will be up at 03.30 in the morning to catch my transport to the airport where I will stand in a cattle market for another 2 hrs. I will land in Schiphol at about 0900 EU time (4hrs time difference)and head for Murphy's for the best big breakfast in the world, washed down with a nice pint. At 11.40 I will be at checkin for the KLM flight back to Abergloom, knowing full well that 5 days later I will be on a relaxed flight to Bodrum in Turkey which will include flying from Dalaman to Istanbul for a week to meet a few Turkish Lotus owners in Istanbul, visiting a private motor museum, then flying back to Bodram for the last week, with no company laptop, no company phone and plans to do nothing but chill out for 3 weeks.

Am I happy today, bloody right I am..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

@Barrykearley was spotted earlier steaming into his 8th one of these :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Car is running :animier: and sounds amazing - very smooth and throaty.

thats made me very very happy. When I add it all up money wise - there may well be a post appearing in the what made you unhappy section. But to be fair it's another one saved and I should still be in a good place cost to value wise

• Like 1

Only here once

PICTURES. PICTURES. PICTURES. Or we'll think you've had too many beers and are really driving a tray at the bar after too many beers and shouting vroom vrooom vrooooom......

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

image.jpeg

i only took one or two photos - hope you get the idea !! She's running and I am so relieved all over again. This time she sounds smooth and responsive rather than unwell !!! Can't wait to actually get in and drive.........fingers crossed the last things go back on in the morning and I will actually get her back.

im so much happier - relieved - weight of the world has lifted !!

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I think it was the fact the car was being uplifted if they didn't finish it ....... That's a shame - but I'm a hell of a lot happier now it runs properly - although it ran before - it was blowing from both manifolds and only one turbo span up half about !!

Only here once

Just had an offer accepted on a house we want! We've spent 3 months looking, and viewed more than 50 properties i'd reckon, without once putting down an offer, purely out of pickiness. We've finally found one we want!! One step closer to becoming a home owner! Oh - and for Lotus-related content....it has a double-length garage and driveway for 4 cars! :D

• Like 2

Thanks :) All very exciting. Their onward chain is now complete, solicitor in the game etc. Feel incredibly scared all of a sudden. :lol:

• Like 1

Best part of buying a house was paying the mortgage off. You sleep better and generally feel more relaxed. Hope you get their soon and hope all goes smoothly with the transaction.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Good luck with it Tom - buying a house is just like old lotus ownership - full of ups and downs......

I'm very happy today - mines running spot on lovely - misfire gone -  and have some more contract work in the bag - life's good :animier:

Only here once

Congrats on buying the house, nothing like the bank owning the bricks n mortar we all live in :0) 

It's a Great feeling your first house. Mrs P said when we moved i could but a car... Then when I said I'm buying a car she threw in the usual ' that's not what I meant ' 

well what does 'you can buy a car' mean then... After deliberating I've bought an exige S 06 in black.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Driving my Esprit today and someone gave me the thumbs up.  Hasn't happened in 10 years or more in my Esprit, so made me happy.

However, I get the thumbs up in my Mustang ever 5 minutes and less.  No kidding.  Wish more people liked the Esprit.  Maybe I should have posted this in what makes me unhappy.