HAPPY HALLOWEEN - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

lottylotus

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've carved my pumpkin to go in our window tonight (I'm very proud of it!) and stocked up on sweeties for the trick or treaters hopefully we wont get too many though and we can eat them all!

pumpkin_carving.jpg

BAH Humbug. I wait for my kids to go out trick or treating and then switch all the lifgts off and lock the door!

Did I mention bah humbug?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

BAH Humbug. I wait for my kids to go out trick or treating and then switch all the lifgts off and lock the door!

Did I mention bah humbug?

I'm with Kimbers on this one, they don't get nothing from my front door, as he said, lights off! Another yank imported idea we could do without!

It's strange that everyone 'blames' America for celebrating Halloween and trick or treating.

Halloween come from Gaelic culture and was later adopted by the USA and it seems it was mainly Irish/British immigrants that started the trend of begging in the streets which turned in to children trick or treating.

Although the trend started in the USA it was only because us Brits introduced them to the idea so we've only got ourselves to blame (a bit like the Brazillians being so good at football, it was the Scots that taught them how to play goddamnit) really. Guising in this country goes back as far as the middleages so we can't really blame anyone else for it!

I'm happy to give out sweeties to the kiddies, as long as they're reasonably young and they've dressed up I'll give them something to rot their teeth just as my neighbours gave me when I was a kid. It'll get to a certain time & I'll blow the candle out in the pumpkin and eat the rest of the sweets myself!

Just had a row with the Mrs over this. She says I'm a grump but I just don't get it! I never did it as a kid and neither did any of my mates. Load of old rubbish if you ask me.....not that you did!

Did I mention Bah Humbug? :ermm:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Whole thing was unheard of back when I were a lad...come to think of it, sweets were still on ration so not much point!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I used to when I was a kid, we'd get home from school make some kind of costume, apply mum's lipstick as best as possible for the blood on face effect and go around our neighbourhood as soon as it was dark for an hour or so. We'd be safely home swapping our sweets and treats before 7pm.

Whilst I don't agree with 'orrible teenager using it as an excuse to extort money and throw eggs at people's homes I really don't see what is so awful about giving a few little kids some sweets once a year!

For you bah humbug types get a large, high power, pump action water gun ... door goes ding, open door shout "trick mutha F*ckas" and open fire in the lil cheribs, hahahahahahahahahah..

Unfortunately I'll be hooning round the Scottish countryside

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Laura. I'm not a total grump. I like to see the little kids trick or treating. Round here most are 15-16 year olds, in groups with no costumes who just hold their hand out when you open the door. I reply with a "Wow Honey, come see this they're dressed up as Chavs and drug dealers" and slam the door on them! HA that'll teach em....until they key my car like last year... :ermm:

Well so far I've had two groups of kiddies knock on the door both very nice & polite with mums in tow. I'm nearly out of sweeties though :ermm:

To be honest I'm surprised they've not been scared off by my terrifying pumpkin in the window

dsc00067nz3.jpg

I'm with Kimbers on this one, they don't get nothing from my front door, as he said, lights off! Another yank imported idea we could do without!

But Owen, think of the grand opportunity you've missed to spring from the darkened porch dressed as Darth Vader! BOO! :ermm:

And then you could legitimately press on to the neighborhood's doors in search of high calorie goodies. :lol:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Time to load the shotgun, put on my coat and take up position on the rocking chair on the porch. Don't get many trick or treaters at our front door.

Quite a few come through the gate. Not many get to the door. :ermm:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Guess you know by now, Trevor, about the guy in Sumter, South Carolina that blew away a 12 yr old trick-or-treater with 29 rounds from his AK-47. And here I thought that Texas was the center of the "Wild West" U.S. household arms race.

Seems that the guy had been robbed and shot within the past year, and was a bit trigger happy. Sad.

• Gold FFM

These contact lenses were pretty cool! Frightened more than a few kids with them as well :sweat:

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Guess you know by now, Trevor, about the guy in Sumter, South Carolina that blew away a 12 yr old trick-or-treater with 29 rounds from his AK-47. And here I thought that Texas was the center of the "Wild West" U.S. household arms race.

Seems that the guy had been robbed and shot within the past year, and was a bit trigger happy. Sad.

I did hear of that. Made me wish I hadn't made that post. Trouble with having guns in the house is that they are too easy to misuse. 29 rounds is very excessive for someone who hasn't even tried to come through the front door.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

My dog noticed the rawhide "bone" on your kitchen floor, Travis, and tried to gnaw through my computer screen! :P

Did the dog go or stay home? Last haloween ours got hold of some of our "haul", and spent the next several hours dashing about the house at warp factor 6. Canine sugar high. Called the vet, of course. She said it would take a lot more than the amount I described to do any real harm (chocolate myths notwithstanding). Great costume by the way.

Thanks.

A few hours before Halloween I didn't have a costume. But then I remembered that Paul Newman drove a Lotus X180-R and learned from Skip Barber, and that I already had the patches... So then I just had to paint my hair silver... and I already had various body paints for my airbrush (from previous parties) :P I actually used pearly white, everybody said it looked realistic.

The dog (chocolate Lab) was brought to the party by my friend and his wife. He was fine all night. Though he did eye the furry boots that my goth friend had on, she actually thought about taking them off to keep from tempting the dog.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE