Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Sea Fishing day - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Sea Fishing day

Kimbers

Hi All,

Never been dep sea fishing before and when one of our Moderators on here mentioned he does it quite a bit I thought "that would be fun!"

Rough details as follows:

Location would be south coast and we could use James's charter boat (that he and his mates hire). Boat has rods etc if you don't have them. Day of fishing and grub....beer anyone? James says you get to keep a load of what you catch, so fill the freezer up with Cod etc. A good fun day out in the brisk weather, circa early spring.

I'll ask James to post up here approx costings.

I'd like to get an idea if it's viable. If we have too many it should really be first come first served....or we lay on 2 boats!!

1. Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd have to drug me to get me on a boat (irrational fear of anything with water under it - piers also for example - feel free to mock!) but location depending would happily hoon down to wave you all off and over the horizon on the beautiful briny..!

• Gold FFM

Thats a tentative yes, depending on when and where.

Only been what I call 'proper' fishing once about 15 years ago off Barbados. Straped into a seat with harness whilst they tip buckets of blood overboard. We saw Marlin but only caught Barracuda.

Beats sitting on a muddy riverbank though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thats a no then? :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

She just wants to be around a bunch of buff blokes with their shirts off fighting those big fish, sweating and grunting.

And then she woke up and realised she was with a bunch of fat blokes with their shirts off, fighting those little fish, cause their arms are weak, smelling like they died earlier in the year and grunting when their backs go. :)

Not particularly keen on stodgin around all day rockin 'n rollin in a haze of rotting mackerel but if its gonna be on the South Coast / Solent area could possibly bring along a couple of slightly quicker boats to get tangled in yer lines ! :P

Whaddya think Cap'n Bibs, skipper , Sir ?

(Mind you these boats would prob. be too quick for the old feller from Norfolk that bottled the last sea trip. ) :D

Mike

' Solent Esprit Flotilla'

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Let me get this clear. This is an LEF fishing day. If you want an LEF Jet Ski day then please start a new topic (so there!! :D )

Mike's offer however, sounds fun, I missed out last time and don't want to this time.

She just wants to be around a bunch of buff blokes with their shirts off fighting those big fish, sweating and grunting.

And then she woke up and realised she was with a bunch of fat blokes with their shirts off, fighting those little fish, cause their arms are weak, smelling like they died earlier in the year and grunting when their backs go. :P

:hrhr:

:D

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Let me get this clear. This is an LEF fishing day. If you want an LEF Jet Ski day then please start a new topic (so there!! :hrhr: )

Mike's offer however, sounds fun, I missed out last time and don't want to this time.

Glad to have yer aboard young Kimbers, me lad.

Has yer any idea when the day will be and which port these swabs will sail from?

I needs ter press a few into service on The Black Pig, fine craft she is, doubling up as the Revenue Cutter with Andy at the helm. :D

We also have in the flotilla the Ranger 25 / 300 Verado to cut a fine dash. (Watch the wall me darlin' while the Gennlemen go by.... ) If the glass is set fair and the winds kindly then the Harbour Rat/ 'Zuki 140 can be a'snappin' at yer transom .

We only takes Blackguards, thieves and rogues as crew as asks no questions , so we doan' need no edumacated Gentry aboard wot cant handle Navy grog.

Black Spot :P

Commander , Solent Esprit Flotilla.

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Mike

Discussing it with James at present and am open to dates. I have suggested Mid to late Spring but we have to be aware of what we are catching/fishing seasons etc.

James promised he'd post up some info here, but he seems to be AWOL at Present.

We'll ave ta make im walk the plank after cutting his jib and generally.....battening down.......erm....crikey this sailor speak is tougher than I thought!!

The Scurvey...gentleman...nope, not got it at all!

• 1 month later...

Yes James. Any updates?

Oh cock, had completely forgotten about this! Sorry Mr K.

Right, without further ado...

A group of 6 to 8 of us charter Sophie Lea every 6 - 8 weeks. She's based in Brightlingsea (on the east coast near Colchester). We leave port at 8 am and generally return at around 3 pm. The cost for the boat, skipper & tackle is approx.