1. Bibs

2. Dermot

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

7. steve15 (Steve Leaver)

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

.... the date for the session will be Sunday the 31st of May.

Apologies, I'm already booked in to do the Yeovil Classic that day....

Enjoy.....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, the freescan event is getting close, and in preparation for the event Dermot has suggested that it is quite time consuming on the day to organise getting lots of logfiles recorded out on the road so owners should think about recording one of their own (if they know what to do) and bring them along on a memory stick and we use them as examples in the teach in.

I am giving you advanced warning as we have bank holidays etc between now and then.

For those who are unable or do not have the kit we can do on the day.

I will ask for confirmation of who's coming to the event about 2 weeks before hand so I can arrange for the food etc, looks like it may be steak barbeque.

To make life a bit easier I am going to put a big screen inside the garage so we can all view what is happening, more than two around a laptop means we will not see what is happening. I am going to try to record the event on video (digital) so that those who cannot attend can at least get some benefit from the event. It may not be easy to record but we will have a go.

Looking forward to the event

Best regards all

Dave

Sorry only just noticed there was a list .......

1. Bibs

2. Dermot

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

• Gold FFM

1. Bibs

2. Dermot

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1. Bibs

2. Dermot

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

11.jimjitsu (as long as something does not break between now and then :santa:)

Just to let you guys Know how this will work, I have enough room for 2 cars in the garage plus 4 or 5 at a push on the drive. My good neighbour (drive next door) has agreed to let us use her drive, room for about 4 cars. I thought that we would park all the cars up as you arrive (full map and where to park will be provided by PM) then let Dermot do his bit. We could then have a number of cars do a 15 min run to log data and then return to do the analysis, it will be tight to get all cars in and there will be some shuffling to get the right cars in the right place. Its possible with the number of attendees we currently have. There is limited parking locally but across the road there is some parking. We are on a busy but slow road so you wil need to take care.

It the numbers increase by more than a few more I will arrange to hold the event a couple of miles down the road where there is loads of space, we can return to the house for drinks and a barby.

NB About 2 miles down the road there is a fast and straight ring road which would take about 15 mins to go around, just enough possible to get a full log for those who cannot do this before the event.

more info as we get closer

Take care all

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

:D In preperation for the freescan event it would be beneficial for those attending to read the freescan "instruction manual" to this end I will be sending each of you a PDF file entitled "Freescan Manual Version 1". This is for your personal use only.

Do not print the document as I have already printed and bound copies for use on the day.

Could you please PM me with your email address and then I can send them out straight away.

I will include a map of the venue and confirm time etc. We will be having a barby mid afternoon, it will be steak, king prawns plus beer and soft drinks, it would help if you advise if any of you are vegeterians etc, have special requests etc when you send me you email.

Thanks guys, should be a good event, looking forward to it.

Dave :baby::)

Edited by Dave Freeman

Dave, please add 'Hunt' to the list. He's over from the States and will be joining us.

I'd like to also ask you to join me in offering great thanks to one of our American cousins, Christopher Trent (cjtpb13) who although won't be joining us has provided all eats, drinks and refreshments for the event. Big, big shout to Dave too for getting this off the ground and getting it all organised and his family for being so accommodating :baby:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Welcome to (Mr) Hunt, it will be nice to meet a friend from the USA, great you can make the event, sorry that Christopher cannot make it but I have extended my thanks to him for the contribution and ask that he contacts us and makes the time for a drink and chat when he is next here, great gesture.

1. Bibs

2. Dermot,

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

11.jimjitsu (as long as something does not break between now and then )

12. Hunt

Bibs, can you get Hunts email address and I can send him the manual.

Dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

Ladies & Gents,

Looking forward to it! More of a steak guy than a prawns guy FYI :) I will be driving a high performance piece of crap from a car rental company which has no relation to a Lotus in any way, shape or form but am looking forward to the event and meeting you good folks.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

• Gold FFM

Dave and Bibs and the rest,

My pleasure. I feel just a small contribution from all that I gain via this community, information and friendships. I leave for Cairo on Thursday and return to the States Monday. If all goes well in the next few weeks, I might be over toward the end of June to take you up on that beer after I get done in Rome.

Regards,

Christopher

1. Bibs

2. Dermot,

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

11.jimjitsu (as long as something does not break between now and then )

12. Hunt

For those who have not sent it yet .............please send me you email address, PDF file ready to send

Martyn, Sparky, Andy, not got yours yet.

Dave

I think I will have to pass on this sorry guys hope this is enough notice for you

1. Bibs

2. Dermot,

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

11.Hunt

Please count me in too.....

1. Bibs

2. Dermot,

3. Paul C

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

11.Hunt

12. wookie

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

If the date is good for me i'd be happy to drive up with Dermot if

it simply has to be before his foot is better. Is that any help?

Dermot is up and driving now, so i'm not coming. helping you guys

out by playing taxi to bring Dermot was my only reason for coming

as obviously my days of needing freescan are over and i have no

Esprit.

Have a good day.

:D

1. Bibs

2. Dermot,

3. wookie

4. internets

5. Andy Clements

6. matk

8. fsrowsell (Felix)

9. Martyn

10. sparky

11. Hunt

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave for his hospitality! Bibs for being Bibs and bringing my parts :-)

To everyone else it was a pleasure to meet all of you and put faces to names and I look forward to seeing you again in the future if I get the time.

Bob

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Good to meet those of you I'd not done so previously, and to see familiar / old :lol: faces again.

Dave, thanks for hosting today, it was great, and as you can tell took a nice gentle run home.