Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A little off lately - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A little off lately

Artie

Well Mates,

you all may have noticed a lengthy absence on the board by me. I went skiing about a month ago and had a rather unfortunate fall! :devil: I managed to tear my tricep right off the elbow. I have been somewhat depressed due to my not being able do much of anything. I lift weights 4 or 5 days per week and have been for 15 years. Now I can't do hardly anything! This injury has really also delayed any real time with the esprit(and have needed to drive her alot to get miles on to get her broken in!) Anyways, thought you all might want to see what to avoid!

Before

picsapril09006p.jpg

1 week after surgery

picsapril09007l.jpg

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow Artie! That sucks!

Your muscles were just too strong for your tendons...

Don't be like that guy whose arms exploded.

I once fell backwards into a tree well but stopped my self by reaching back and grabbing two trees (one with each arm). Felt my shoulders and triceps rip, but I'm not strong enough to do any permanent damage :devil:

have a speedy recovery.

Btw, you beat my broken jaw, ripped tendons in my knees, and crushed ligament in my ankle snowboarding injuries!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis,

The ski came off and karate chopped me right on the elbow! I have had elbow spurs for some time but what a perfect set of circumstances for the fall to happen and my arm to be in the position it was for the ski to hit me in the right spot!!! Haven't tried snowboarding...yet!

Yeah, that moron was asking for it! He had been injecting Esciline(sp) directly into his arms for years. Body builders used to do it the day of a show to even out muscles that were not symmetrical, but usually temporarily, not regularly!!

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

"There but for the grace of God..." Sorry to hear that, Art. As much as I love skiing, and will continue to do so for as long as I can fog a mirror, you're never more than a snow gopher's whisker away from potential disaster. I still have the scars from a broken pole's jab into my thigh when I was not yet 21--but it was a minor injury compared to yours, or Travis'.

To a speedy recovery, and eventual return to the hill!

Cheers,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Keep yer chin up Artie, the body heals pretty well and you will be pounding those weights again :devil:

I like the before and after shots , we need a specific thread title, "Ouch! this hurt a little" for all these bodily injuries lol. I could add my finger shots to them hehe.

all the best

Alex

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Thanks guys!

I am healing well, the car will be back sometime this week so I have high spirits for the upcoming weekend!

artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Oh jeez - that has to be tortue for you.... a man of routine that is forced out of it.

Hope that you can get back to it soon, but don

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

'Doing weights' to me is lifting the shopping out of the boot (trunk). I sympathise Artie (I can hardly empathise - my body is built of lard!).

Stu

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

owch Artie that looks nasty.

I know what u mean about being depressed about not doing any weights. I stopped 8 years ago and was mega depressed for a month or so. Mrs says it's withdrawl of the endorphine rush you get.

Good luck with the arm and go easy for a while mate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks Mates! Hopefully picking up the Esprit tomorrow night from paint and also get my full arm cast off tomorrow! Looking up every day! I'll keep everyone posted!

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm