Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Body Repair - Proposed event - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Body Repair - Proposed event

Dave Freeman

Hi all, I am looking to see if there is any interest in a Car Body Care and repair event.

It would be an afternoon at a friends car body repair workshop. The work shop is large clean and accessable. The company normally fully restores high performance cars, Lotus (mine) lambo, mercs, corvetts and alike. They have a full bake oven and produce some of the best paint schemes i've seen. They are very keen to offer an afternoons demonstration perhaps covering the following:-

The objective of the event is to give members a background to body work repair, preperation and painting. How to repair cracks, gel problems, modifications and how to prepare body work reaqdy for painting. We could cover tinting windows, hi fi in your car.

The company will paint your prepared body work or do the whole job.

It will be a chance for you to ask questions relating to body work, get good advise and have a contact in the trade.

If this is of interest please respond with the type of subjects to cover.

So who could be interested, timing looks to be around July or September, location - near stansted airport.

Best regards all

Look forward to your comments.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested in this. I'd be especially interested in painting and prep work. Is this your friends in Harlow? I still need to find time to get down there to get a quote to paint my front.

Edited by davegtst

Its bin a long day, knackered. sorry, apologies.........................

Anyway, could be a good event, not sure its too much to do with detailing (I assume thats cleaning polishing etc) its more about getting panels straight, getting rid of staring, crazing, panel fit thqat sort of thing, or what ever the guys want.

Dave

I would be VERY interested in this, as I suspect my car will need a full respray, and anything I can do in preparation would save some cash!

:)

It's getting there......

Yep I'd be interested.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hi Dave, I would be interested in this as will.... I'm planning on geting my car resprayed before go back to Canada.... Cheers

ok, there seams to some interest in about 7 of us if my counting is up to it. I will be speaking to my mate to draw uo a agenda of what we can cover, it may be if anyone has a damaged panel / replacement panel we could get them to goes through the whole process.

Repairing of crazed paint work could be another. I will come back to you guys in a week or so to advise what can be covered.

Take care - be safe.

Dave

Hmm I have a few dings they can practice on.

Just very slight scratches/chips and a hole where the ariel was to paint over.

Sounds like a good excuse for a meet up anywyas.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

We probably need around 10 or 12 interested members to make this work, so I am starting a pre list to identify the numbers then if we have the right numbers then I will start making the arrangements.

I have listed below those who have expressed an interest, remember its about preparing and painting panels or whole cars, how its done, what you can do to prepare body work to save money, what not to do, whats possible, how to fit different panels, ie new front ends, arches, colour coding etc.

1. Robertc

2. Mat

3. Martyn

4. Esprit s2

5. Davegtst

6. TAR

7. Redvtec

8. Felix

9. Jonathan

Just add your name

Talk with you soon

Dave

You forgot me Dave.... :)

1. Robertc

2. Mat

3. Martyn

4. Esprit s2

5. Davegtst

6. TAR

7. Redvtec

8. Felix

9. Jonathan

10. internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

So bibs, hows the car, is it nice and shiney like mine................should look great, cannot wait to see pics

Dave

Ok we have enough interest espriters, I will start the arrangements, I'll try to set the date when there is a lull in the activities. It will probably be on a Sunday.

What this space for proposed date and arrangements.

dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

With enough notice I will add myself...missed the magic 13 by two...lol

1. Robertc

2. Mat

3. Martyn

4. Esprit s2

5. Davegtst

6. TAR

7. Redvtec

8. Felix

9. Jonathan

10. internets

11. cjtpb13

I am interested in coming along too but very often my schedule won't allow it. I will watch with interest and hope I can make the proposed date and venue.

cheers

-Chris

• 1 month later...

I will be speaking to the guy's at custom Exotic later this week to arrange a date, I will put a note up on proposed dates.

It all in hand chap and chappesis

Dave