Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Wheels Weight Difference - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Wheels Weight Difference

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of 350 mag wheels in my garage which I might be able to weigh. Might take a week or so since I am just recovering from an operation and am not allowed to lift anything.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I can weigh my Nova's but only with the standart tires on the wheels.

I do know that my 18 x 9 and 19 x 10.5 Volk TE 37's with a 225/40 and a 275/35 Advan Sport weigh about 3 pounds less each than the Nova combo. Considering a wider and taller rim, that's pretty good...:D

I would like to know how much the sport 350 wheels weigh and if anyone has some they would be willing to part with?

We have a 'parts for sale' section and in there are a set of mags, brand new and still in their boxes...

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=23027

As for wheel weights...

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=15129

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

had the scale in use to balance some sandbags out for clibrating the 'right-hight' on the Elise, so there was time for..

*just for reference, or to add into the Esprit Wiki:

OZ-Crono [front] with 225/35R17 Falken [8mm 'new'] ->18kg

OZ-Crono [rear] with 275/35R18 Falken [8mm 'new'] ->23.5kg

AWI 6spoke [rear] [the flat one from GT-V8] with 285/35R18 Toyo's [8mm 'new'] ->26kg

AWI 6spoke [front] [the flat one from GT-V8] with 235/40R17 Toyos [8mm 'new'] -> not actually measured on the scale..

Borbet 9 1/2 " wide [rear] with 285/35R18 Fulda CaratExtremo [worn,already on the TWI index mark] ->24.5kg

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I weighted them and stuck them on the Wiki, cant be bothered to find a link though.

Fixed that for you,lazy git.

http://www.thelotusf...e=Wheel_Weights

Gunter, having tyres on your wheels makes the weight pretty much useless anyone wants the weight of the wheels with those specific tyres with that specific wear.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

You're the one who took the link down, looney :harhar:

I think those weights were accurate too as I tested both the sets out on different scales and a pull scale too.

I still dont think they're that light though - these F1 wheels I picked up the other day might as well have been made of paper, I want a set of those :)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

AWI Wheels 1996-99 Esprit Front -25 1/2Lb (11.4Kg) Rear 30.-31Lb

(13.8-14.1Kg)

OZ Saturn 2000-01 Esprit Front- 27 1/2-3/4 Lb (12.5-6Kg) Rear 31 1/2-

32Lb

(14.2-14.5Kg)

1999 OZ Crono Magnesio Front 20Lb Rear

23Lb

2002-03 OZ Nova Front 22 3/4 Lb (10.3Kg) Rear

25.5Lb (11.6kg)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

After reading your wheel stats, Travis, I have put my Saturns on a strict diet, and have placed pictures of Novas next to them to see, as incentive. Until they shed some pounds I will be filling my tires with helium only.:cry:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Brain et factory told me the Saturns were sourced in a hurry and can support a car easily of nearly twice the weight of an Esprit :lol:

They are heavy but in all honesty so are the mags - interesting travis that your front values are exactly the same as mine but the the rears I weighed are much more, gonna have another look today hopefully and see if I was dreaming or not.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Gold FFM

Bibs, even if you may find it useless -or to push up the 'ppm'-rate (post per minute :harhar: )

here my scale read out:

AWI-front with[!] tire 235/40R17 Toyo T1 [new, 8mm] ->21kg ..just for interest, or to point out that the tire still is an notable factor :whistle:

Travis, what do you say ..Toyos sound to be within competotors ?!

John, if the thing under an Helium filled baloon smashs into an field, or building or so ...does it make the impact less harmfull just for being 'lifted' by Helium ?!

Just a thought for you -don't keep thinking vertically on your wheels, also keep in mind horizontal forces on cornering and braking into curves ... . It does not help much if your wheels 'fly over the ground' -as long as the car still crashes into the wall sideways with all its mass :harhar:

Edited by Günter

"John, if the thing under an Helium filled baloon smashs into an field, or building or so ...does it make the impact less harmfull just for being 'lifted' by Helium ?!"

No, but it has the advantage of the released helium gas inhalation factor allowing you to entertain the survivors with your squeaky pitched voice explanation.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

as you know ..I can kill every joke :whistle:

..;)