Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 8 months later...

Essex and Thieme info

http://forums.autosport.com/topic/67887-essex-and-thieme/

I had read that Mansel had a JPS esprit, but this article says that Elio De

Angelo had an Essex in Monacco,, anyone got a pic?

anyone got the Two Sundays in May DVD?

Edited by wolflyn

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

• 1 month later...

Scanned from a Lotus World magazine, here is the prince of nepotism taking the keys to his Essex in return for, well, being a slimeball. Honestly wouldn't you rather trust John DeLorean?

14694505728_c50eacf029_b.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

That's Essex No.24 that was rebadged No.100 to make it look like Lotus did a run of 100 cars.

To my knowledge it's one of a small handful (3 or 4?) still on the road in the UK. 

It was the numerical re-badging of that one that caused all the confusion about numbers of Essex..............

As per Bazza its my guess that it was an attempt to disguise the fact that people wanted the G Turbo in other colours - away from Essex paint (at that time anyway!)... and make it seem like they had actually sold 100 in that form. 

Anyway Ken Baird owned it for while before it went to Graeme Harrison on here?!

Can Kimbers tell us who is presenting the keys?

• 2 months later...

Apologies if this has been seen before:

13904177661_d1449a2f26_b.jpg

Nigel, ACBC / Elio/ Thieme and I think thats Brian Wray from JPS at Brands..........

...and a smaller one in colour:

A021022_MAH_CHAP39_V.JPG

Edited by nello

That used to live a couple of hundred meters from my parents house for at least 10 years.  I didn't know he had sold it.

• 2 weeks later...

Barrie,

The photo's were sent to me from the new owner of 008 in Japan he is restoring/rebuilding it. I've know about this one for along time sitting in Ben Auto's waiting for someone to give it some TLC.

This is not the first time it's be rebuilt, the first accident (see photo) happened many years ago before it left the UK for Japan.

The other photo is a recent of the engine, looks like new liners and pistons required, not sure about no. 4 cylinder and how the screws etc. got there.

The body has been removed from the chassis, chassis overhauled so the rebuild is well under way.

Steve T 

post-3544-0-96749700-1416944825.jpg

post-3544-0-52749100-1416944866.jpg