Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Composite roof for 'Stevens' Esprit - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Composite roof for 'Stevens' Esprit

sailorbob

Composite roof for a S4 wanted, though I assume they are the same for all Stevens (and later?) cars. Any colour will do but 'B08' Pacific Blue would be ideal :) Swap for glass roof possible. Thanks.

Edited by sailorbob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Solid and Glass top are not interchangeable, been thee, done that.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yup. They Are interchangeable. I have both.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

I've got both as well. Just have to get hold of the smaller seal for when the composite roof is on.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 9 months later...

Benjamin,

Could you not put some heavy duty limo tint on the glass if you cannot get a solid roof panel?

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

True I have considered tinting but the factory roof is already tinted anyway. The other reason I want one is looks, I like how the esprit looks with both roofs and I want the option to swap them round every so often too. There aren't even any wrecking parts, Douglas valley seems to be the only wrecked in the world with esprit chassis and they all had glass roofs. I wonder if those molds you organized to keep Bibs, included the roof molds. They are in Belgium or something aren't they? Perhaps we could make some...demand is there. Could the factory do a small run if we get enough people?

I have two composite tops that fit my '95 S4s that I don't need, one black and the other calypso red.  They each have their protective storage sleeve.

They are for sale for $200. each + shipping.

If there is interest, I will post pictures.

Ken Olsen

Metropolitan New York City

Goddamit.  This is getting tough.  Im offering $800 AUD for one.  plus shipping.  someone PM me, why doesnt lotus keep basic body parts this is absurd. 

***Im not swapping my glass roof for one either sorry and im only interested in facotry original not from a mold.  Must come with protective bag and be in excellent condition.  ***

• 2 weeks later...