• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malc

Haven't used an OE one in years and never had and issues with after market. Pays to buy a good spec eg NTK or Bosch. Chances are either made the part for Lotus at some time.

I tend to go to

http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/default.asp

or

http://www.lambdasensor.com/

and go for the universal. Lots of advice on those sites too.

Cheers

Ralph

i know sj have the older ones as i bought one a short while ago. you can find the wireing diagrams for the o2 sensors on line. i may have an old connector if you are stuck i will look tomorrow evening

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Malc

Haven't used an OE one in years and never had and issues with after market. Pays to buy a good spec eg NTK or Bosch. Chances are either made the part for Lotus at some time.

I tend to go to

http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/default.asp

or

http://www.lambdasensor.com/

and go for the universal. Lots of advice on those sites too.

Cheers

Ralph

Be that as it may Ralph, more people have problems with aftermarket sensors than don't so I'd not advise anyone to get anything but the genuine part.

Malc, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a genuine mistake, it does happen. Don't hold your breath for contact tomorrow, remember it's half day at Lotus.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi Malc,

like Bibs I think it is just a mistake, 2.5 years ago I fitted A918E0322F into my 4 pot and it was a direct replacement for B910E6930F, the connector was the square one no splicing etc. needed. Hope this puts your mind a little bit to ease.

Freek

Esprit Freak

I brought a OEM O2 sensor from SJ's just before Doninington and it was correct, plug and all! And it cost

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Malc,

You definitely, simply received the wrong sensor. The 4-Cyl. and also the V8-sensors have the rectangular plug !!!! Actually both are the same !!!

They simply sent you something wrong ... (This inline thing looks very much Elise-Rover-K-engine-like to me ...)

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

Thanks Chaps,

Marcus, I think yourve hit the nail on the head. If the V8 sensor has the sqare pin pattern too then it looks like someone has mixed up stock.

Just trying to get Chris Neils to accept this now and see if they can find any of the correct ones kicking about.

Many thanks

Malc

Hi Malc,

Yeah, I hit the nail ... :animier:

I was 100% sure because I put in one of these into my MG ZR (also has the Rover K-engine) a few weeks ago ... and it looked exactly like the one you got !!! :blush:

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

....Now confirmed by Chris Neil's, the guy picking the order picked the wrong one. Lets hope the correct sensor arrives tomorrow, I would love to have the car ready fro an MOT within a couple of weeks.

Thanks all

Malc

Bibs

NTK and Bosch make most of the sensors for most of the European manufactures. If I was guessing I would suspect the Lotus part is an NTK part (Part of NGK). The are a number of different wire combinations to suit the application and once the correct one is chosen they just crimp the right connector on. Never see why I should pay unneccessary markup to pay for the label on a box on what is if chosen correctly the same part.

Products from either of these companies will be to OE standard, they dont do cheap versions as companies like mine will source them then clobber them on warranty.

One of the NGK reps went to school with me. Next time I see him I will ask he for a fitment number.

Cheers

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

I understand where your coming from and I don't know why it is so, but the experience of many folks here is that the aftermarket 02 sensors have given problems that have been resolved by fitting the genuine part. I guess there are also folks here that are perfectly happy with the aftermarket sensors they have fitted, maybe it all depends on the condition and tollerances of all the other parts effecting the engine management.

For my part, there are enough issues with all the other potential poor running problem sources in the SE that I am happy to pay the extra for an OE sensor that I know is not going to cause any issues (other than the connector not fitting!).

Malc

Malc

I can understand that. I guess my approach comes from being the person who has to sort these issues out for a large automotive manufacturer. So many times I come across a parts no longer available situation with potential for the vehicle being off road and have to re-engineer / redesign parts to overcome these problems. I used to see things as you did but these, but since doing that job I have realised that what you get as OE now may not be the same as OE then (improvements, availability etc). What is more important is doing a bit of research and finding a suitable spec then getting a good quality replacement. There are a lot of good quality parts out there that made by top OE suppliers are OE quality, but equally there is also crap.

If you are not sure, then it is probably right to go OE, but the markup is high. I guess I am just lucky enough to be in a position to be able to find out what are the good the bad and the ugly.

Cheers

Ralph