Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Age of Esprit Owners - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Age of Esprit Owners

Roger 912

Just wondering what the average age is for the different types of Esprit, the S1, S2, S3 and Turbo as well as the S4 and the V8.

Got a feeling that the G owners may be a little more mature.

I'll start the ball rolling with my two "G" Turbo Esprits and I am only a month away from my 66th birthday.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old fart category. I'm 59 and purchased a 1988 turbo as an early retirement project a month or so ago. I'm told you need to spend at least 8 hours a day repairing them so younger owners with jobs must have a healthy bank balance to get everything done at a garage

20+ years ago when I bought my first Esprit I was young 'un. Nowadays and many Esprits later, I'm an old fart.

20 years ago when I bought my first Esprit I was an old fart. Nowadays and with the same car I'm an even older fart.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'm a month off my 40th birthday but the car makes me feel young does that count? :)

Considering they say you are as old as the man/woman you feel then I'm definately an old fart (just dont tell Mr John!!!) :getmecoat:

I bought my S3 at the age of 22. Im now 23 so pretty young in the scheme of things. Car came of the production line in late 82 so is older than me!

Some youngsters still have taste!

I bought my S1 when I was 23 in 1983

Bought my stevens at 21,ten years ago, and my G car five years ago! Now at the grand age of 31 still own the G beast and everybody that I meet loves the car as its retro. Im sure people of all ages would love an esprit as they apeal to all people! Apart from my wife!

Regards danny

A

I actually bought my 31st birthday (about 2 months ago) .

My first Lotus (Elise) came at the age of 24. At that time I already wanted an SE Esprit or newer but they were way too expensive. Ironically the current economic crisis has helped me to be able to buy an Esprit, as prices dropped quite a lot. :getmecoat:

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

I bought my V8 when I was 39, and my Europa when I was 28.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Looks like I'm the oldest fart on the thread.

I must say though, driving my Esprits, I feel like a youngster again. Must be the adrenaline when I put my foot down.

Trouble is at my age, if I managed to pick up some fluff, I would not know what to do with it.

Coffin dodging V8 apprentice pensioner here

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

"I can relate," Graham. Will collect my first Social Security check next month, and it will make a fine addition to the Esprit maintenance fund :getmecoat: --thank you tax payers, one and all. :)

Got my first Lotus (brand new Europa Twin Cam) at age 26, and the Esprit at "the (euphemistic) new 50."

That should be sufficient clues to determine the actual chronology--do the math. :P

The one thing I know for certain is that raising a 17 year old will keep you moving about spritely!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Bought my first Esprit Turbo last August Bank Holiday, two weeks before my 47th birthday, but I dont think I'm doing too bad for an old fart that never grew up !!

MotorShow08083.jpg

Colin

Paul Clark's Lotus Esprits were at his following age:-

1982{?}calypso red S3 turbo WPV972Y bought used in 1988 when aged 25

2000 azure blue V8SE W38 SAH {later V8 PLC}bought new from Stratton Motors when aged 37

2001 cobalt blue V8SE V8 PLC bought 2003 to replace written off above car. Age 40

His twin brother was running a succession of 3 Audi quattros at the same age 25 + so we have had fast cars for some time!

I used to travel a lot in Europe in Rover V8 SD1s and later Jaguar XJ6 where one could travel at 120 mph on the autobahn.

tonyc