Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Should I stay or should I go? - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Should I stay or should I go?

Hi guys need some advice.

Hubby and I wanted to go to the Factory Frolic but no under 18's so one of us has to stay home and look after our boys :harhar:

I suggested hubby go as he is a total petrol head and would enjoy himself. He has said that as the Esprit is my car that I should go.

I know my way around an engine bay but still have problems telling an anti roll bar from a trunion and fear that the tech talks may go over my head. On the plus side I might actually learn something!!

I know that there will be 'activities' for the ladies but am not that girlie (no offence to all the ladies out there) and unless they come with a miracle guarentee will save my pennies. :(

Can I really pass up a chance to drive an Evora?????

I have no problems travelling by myself and would travel up Saturday, stay over and go to the factory on Sunday. Hopefully joining the convoy from the hotel.

So now ladies and gentlemen you have the facts I would like some opinions on my dilema.

Sue

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought about that one Louise. Ok for my eldest but youngest has autism and can't get respite care for that weekend.

Believe me if there was a way for both of us to go then our tickets would have been booked ages ago.

• Gold FFM

We are pretty much in the same boat Sue re the kids, so only me coming now which is a shame as this would have been even better value for money if both could attend.

Its not just tech talks - if it was, I would also lose a bit of interest.

The last 3 years years Hethal trips that Bibs and Laura have arranged have all been one of the best weekends of the year - so not to be missed really.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks guys and gals

I have taken all your comments to heart :hrhr:

Have now bought a ticket and booked accommodation :harhar::(

Might be bringing my younger brother (he has to check with boss) but even if he does not come then rest assured I will be there!!!!!

Sue

• Gold FFM

isn't there any nice and trustworthy group of grandparents out there around Whymondham, Hethel , Norwich !?

This *no kids allowed* is so far only on the factory time. So why not have an 'we are an all LEF-family' time around dunston and the Norwich area ?? Think some of us who are not interested in to stay steady on the EVORA test track would be pleased to create something like a 'shuttle-service' for transports of kids to grandparents -or grandparents to kids -or something around while the parents do the rounds in the factory.

...oh,and well -have i mentioned:

If i have not much to do on an event, i will talk about tech stuff. Nobody wants that :secret:

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

So now Gunter - your next problem to solve.

How to fit 2 adults and 2 children in the Esprit to get to Hethal? :secret:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

have fitted two 'called to be lesbian'-girls in the passenger seat one time in the past.. . And on an other day it was an guy who wanted to get home after an school-party evening. Bud i had an girl next to me, so he was advised to step into the rear-trunk !! That worked !! no joke.. .

Sue. Good news. You won't be disappointed. There are several of us here with Autistic children and I know it can be hard to find a babysitter sometimes, but you won't be dissapointed I promise! Look forward to having a drink with you.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks Kimbers sure I will have a great time. Am staying at nearby Travelodge but am planning to drop by the hotel to meet up with all the LEF'ers for some liquid refreshment and find out what time you are leaving for the factory so I can join the convoy :detective:

• Gold FFM

if so, than I would look like a member of the Russian womens team of past cold-war times .. :lol:

Hi Sue, are you still offering your co-pilot seat to the weekend event? I will be flying in from Vancouver Canada to check out this for the first time and it would really help if someone local could point me in the right direction.

Steve

82 Euro Turbo Drysump

I'm not exactly local but heathrow is on the way. Am travelling up on Sat for the dinner in the evening and going to factory on Sun then back home. Need to check with my bro to see if he is up for it but if not then if I will be happy to help with travel if I can.

Sue