Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New set of good used tanks! - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New set of good used tanks!

wayneb911

Okay so im hoping i have bagged a bargain here. Pair of used tanks from a car that was perfectly good running befor insurance company wrote it off.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check them out from the inside - can't hurt to por them on the outside also.

You can get some stuff from Frost (bleeeehhhh) made by POR that will seal the tank from the inside to be totally safe.

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8232&frostProductName=Fuel%20Tank%20Sealer%20%28US%20Quart,%20946ml

Whether it works or not is another matter - never totally convinced with anything frost says.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Looking inside my tanks, there is a ?baffle? splitting it into 2. I cant imagine managing to get the POR 15 to cover all of the interior surfaces.

For that matter, the product recommends Marine cleaning it first, followed by Metalready. Would push the cost up significantly I think.

Also, on my 23yr old tanks, on the inside they look as new.

I'm not going to do the inside - just the outside.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein