Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cars... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cars...

Bibs

I thought it would be nice to see what we're all driving at the moment before you get an Evora in the driveway!

I've got a Lotus Esprit Turbo SE. I've had a couple of Esprits, the SE is of course the highlight of the Esprit production and pretty much the fastest too :)

Here's a pic all striped up for Le Mans this year :)

2008_06160040.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can play this game. My car is the next incarnation of the Esprit from Bibs's. The S4. Having been facelifted, with more interior space, ABS, Power steering and a few other bits and bobs, I just preferred it to the SE. Here she is outside Colin and Hazel Chapmans House in East Carlton....and no I wasn't stalking Hazel :)

IMGP3700.jpg

I love that car and who'd think that it was 15 years old?

Edited by Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

My ride (oh I've just noticed this is very old photo the mirrors are the ally ones now)

s3.jpg

and I have to say I love it, 4 seats, fast and up until I put the deposit down on the Evora, no trouble at all, now I have a misfire, rattle from the clutch and the dis flickered weirdly this morning. Is she feeling betrayed?

Short story: Currently, an '08 Audi TT and an '06 MV Agusta F4S.

Long story: I sold my Elise a month before my son was born and added a Ducati 1098 Tricolore to go with the MV (I suppose this was a reaction for giving up my Elise and since my wife has a Volvo for our family car, I said I didn't need a stinking car). After about a few months, I sold the Ducati and pick up the TT. Certainly not a sports car but it's the only four seater that interested me. And it's nice to have the whole family share the driving experience. I'm leasing it for another 33 months so the Evora should be available by then.

2-1.jpg

hmh20.jpg

• Gold FFM

Here's my Elan SE down at Goodwood Motor Circuit - looking good in LNRG at 17 years old:

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

I'm lucky, as I commute by train to work so every time I get in the Elan it's to go for a drive rather than to get from A to B, if that makes sense. The family car is a recently-acquired Volvo XC90 with all the toys, so getting used to satnav, premium audio, parking sensors etc ready for the Evora!

When my dad died about 18 months ago I inherited his classic car collection and so briefly owned these two Bentleys before selling them to new owners (yes, they are BRG as well!):

001c_edit_LR.jpg

004c_edit_LR.JPG

I too can play this game. My car is the next incarnation of the Esprit from Kimber's. The S4s. This takes the best bits of the S4 and adds the best bits of the Sport 300 (more power, rear wing and split rim Oz alloys).

Struggling to find any cool photos of the car on this PC so here is one where I was checking it still has as many horses as when it left the factory.

<for some reason can not seem to get the attachement thingy to work today, will try later>

Other cars currently in the fleet

Audi A8 4.2 V8 running on LPG (for long journies / crap weather etc)

BMW X5 4.4 V8 (for carting the ankle biters around)

MG Midget (for gathering dust in the garage, must sell it one day)

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Err.... Bibs.... Think I done this one before LOL

Daily drive Vectra CDTI VXR (Silver)

Then Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato TRXX R4 (Yellow)

Triumph Daytona (Red)

Gilera GFR (Multicolour)

Lotus Esprit X180 N/A (Black)

Lotus Turbo Esprit (Essex Blue)

Think thats it for now LOL

Simon

Chunky Lover

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhh c'mon Stefan...not that story again... :o

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

you all seem to drive really boring mainstream Lotus stuff.... :o

post-1-1111407712.jpg

that was an awesome show, loved what they did to that Lada. I did wish they had something better to work with though. Does anybody know what happened to this car?

• 4 weeks later...

After the preview evening at my local dealer I must admit to being tempted by the Evora and I'm still mulling over putting a deposit down, especially now the Esprit is delayed until 2011.

But I'll never get rid of this -

IMG_3787.jpg

lotus010.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

• 2 months later...