Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Early Evora Build Slot 16 for sale - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Early Evora Build Slot 16 for sale

Guest dmallinson

Guest dmallinson

Hi guys,

I have an early build (I believe it was no 16, but am trying to double check on that) evora full spec car on order. I unfortunately am currently not earning any money, and need to try to offload this order.

Is there anybody out there who would like a very early Evora?? Although it is full spec car, I have not speced colour etc...

Anyways, if anybody is interested you could let me know by email - danielmallinson@hotmail.com.

Regards,

Danny.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I also know of a (very) early build slot going for grabs so if anyone is interested then PM me and I can give details. The owner is not a speculator trying to sell on for a profit so there is no additional cost to pay for the early slot.

Alan

how come build slots are regarded THAT important ?

1. some buildslot is assigned

2. VINs aren't necessarily assigned 1:1 to buildslots

3. colors are sometimes sprayed in batches -> build sequence shuffled.

4. as the cars trickle down the line, there are numerous checkpoints a car will or will not make without further work - build sequence well shuffled.

5. also administrative work can delay stuff (passing of buildbook to sales etc.)

6. cars aren't brought to dealers one-by-one, they might have to wait until a transport is grouped together

out of Elise history build slots as well as VINs or Order No's won't be in any sequential order when cars leave Hethel...

so why the fuzz - any build slot within the first 50 or so could be the first to be delivered.

Sorry to read that some people are having to pull out of their orders. I have now confirmed my Spec Burnt Orange with Charcoal interior and Stealth Wheels build slot No5 . I will go down to pick the car up from the factory.

Sorry to read that some people are having to pull out of their orders. I have now confirmed my Spec Burnt Orange with Charcoal interior and Stealth Wheels build slot No5 . I will go down to pick the car up from the factory.

wow great colour choice there sir, I've had to can my order but nice to hear somebody has selected burnt orange with stealth wheels

• 4 weeks later...

Build numbers can change too.

When I bought my first S2 elise in 2000 I was told it would be November (it was March at the time).

A few weeks later I got a phone call saying my car is ready to collect. Apparently they had problems with the Touring pack so whilst they sorted it out they diverted everything to Track pack cars of which mine was one.

I guess making the firxt few hundred cars fully loaded launch editions make this more unlikely but you never know.

I enjoyed chatting with you in the M&S car park the other Saturday Andrew. After looking again at the Evora at Murray and speaking with you just afterwards, I started to have serious thoughts about it. Again. But with four cars and a bike already SWIMBO has told me to wait until the new Esprit arrives. We both agree that will be worth getting rid of one or two for! Once an Esprit nut always an Esprit nut I guess.

Hi Mark it was good to speak with you in the M&S car park and good to hear you come in the car park the tone of the exhaust just right. Yes looking forward to the New Esprit, remember that Lotus can only develop the new Esprit if the Evora sells well so think that buying an Evora will help bring on the Esprit. :P

Andrew

But with four cars and a bike already SWIMBO has told me to wait until the new Esprit arrives.

Hedgerly, okay I'll admit it - I'm really old and not a great texter or blogger but to put myself and other non computer literate types out our misery what does SWIMBO stand for?? :P I have sussed out probably She Who ? Must Be Obeyed from the context but cannot work out the 'I' & it is bugging me. I have passed the question round my colleages out here in Brazil as well and all coming up with ridiculous suggestions. Actually some very inventive suggestions but 'er indoors would probably not appreciate them! Help! :P

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

You know, never I've never thought about it like that Al. I've always spelt it phonetically, otherwise how do you pronounce SWMBO? The I doesn't stand for anything, just helps with the pronounciation. Of course you have the other words.......

Now, back on topic - will you be scooting up to Cameron House if indeed the press launch is there? Unfortunately I'll be stuck in London.

Mark

Now I know! Actually never seen it used before and will probably use it myself as definitely henpecked.

Yes is the Cameron house answer. I'm back from Brazil on 16th but have a busy weekend planned with one of the kids 21st. After that free agent for 3 weeks and SWiMBO likes the Marina Bar for lunch there so will not have any problem suggesting a trip or 2 over that way. Now all we need is a little firmer pointer on the dates from somebody please ???

Are Lotus calling "last week of April" w/c 20th or 27th? :P

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

It's on 27th - make sure you've plenty of memory cards for the cameras :P

SWMBO and other useful acronyms covered here (and of course many other places). Have to admit to using SWMBO myself, although since she read some of my posts on another forum, I've been using the more formal "Mrs TomE" to avoid further trouble :P

Well I'm glad that has been cleared up. I to was wondering why the "I" was included, but now I know.

Looks like 27th April is going to be a busy day for Loti on the A82 and the surrounding area.

What chances a heads up on where they will be heading so we can spread out? :P

Do the press have pre determined routes on these launches or are they left to there own devices?

• Gold FFM
Looks like 27th April is going to be a busy day for Loti on the A82 and the surrounding area.

What chances a heads up on where they will be heading so we can spread out? :P

Do the press have pre determined routes on these launches or are they left to there own devices?

Continuing this discussion over on the Press Launch thread here.