Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Colour: Pics of a BRG ? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Colour: Pics of a BRG ?

I have not found any picture of a BRG one?

Also I have noticed, that pre-production cars have front fog lamps and indicators in the front.

The production cars don't have it anymore.. Does someone know why?

Cheers, AK

For the few who know the difference

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Here's one of the prototypes in BRG - not a great pic as it was inside the factory under artificial light:

2864262546_24387195bf.jpg

Think the pre-prod lights were so that they showed more easily through cutouts in the disguise used on prototypes prior to the car being revealed at the London Motorshow. Or maybe they were still developing the light cluster.

Another one taken by somebody during factory tour that I downloaded at the time.

post-164-1245269014_thumb.jpg

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Gotta say I'm not usually fond of green cars but the Evora looks sweet in BRG and it was actually my favourite colour of the ones I've seen in the flesh...

Didn't think blue, which was my original colour pick, suited the car. Not sure I can bring myself to order a green one though. The girlfriend doesn't like yellow and isn't keen on white. I'm thinking orange but I've not seen it in the flesh...

Edited by X6GAS

Ian

Although I am considering BRG, I cannot be sure if Evora looks "right" in BRG.

I like the colour itself and it has meaning to it. But I also have feeling that BRG does not suit the character of this car while it is a perfect fit for more spartan Elise. Could anyone who has seen the car tell me what you thought of it.

The 'Options' colours are seriously expensive, not sure how such a price is justified.

I'd think at that kind of cost the colour options would be unlimited and you could choose from pretty much anything!

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

I may have misunderstood what someone told me at the factory, but I don't think it is the cost of the paint materials that is the main factor.

I gathered that the man hours associated with the paint processes (including QA/inspection, rectification, hand finishing etc) in effect made the paint the single most costly part of the car. Every time you have to add a layer, the above processes have to be done on each layer, hence why metalllics are more expensive than flat colours and why the complex multi-layer pearlescents are the most expensive.

The other aspect of paint cost is that each new colour has to be signed off by the paint manufacturer for use by Lotus on a GRP base (less of an issue) and, more importantly, by the insurance industry from the perspective of crash repairability and continuing availability over the expected life of the car. So, approval on a standard colour like Starlight Black gets apportioned over lots of cars, whereas the approval cost for your individual Volcano Orange basically has to be recovered from just you. So, if you want an "individual" colour on the cheap, in theory picking one that's been used before should help .... assuming of course that Lotus forego the opportunity to charge a premium :D

Maybe we could do a deal on a group buy of "Evora Forum Aubergine" :blink:

Talking to a Lotus person at Hethel last September, I gathered that the premium paints (Burnt Orange, etc.) need up to 6 coats applied which would have a major bearing on costs.

Regarding the comment about other colours, they have always quoted p.o.a. for other colours, but looking at the "heritage" painted cars that Stratton have offered in recent times it would seem that the previously used paints (Essex Blue, Empire Green, etc.)are not too expensive as an option.

Those premium Paints are multi-stage paints, so 6 coatings should be right.

If I were to get a Premium painted one, I might reconcider asking how much additional layers of clear would cost. Spot healing these multi-stage paints is nearly impossible (at least to make it look good). And repainting the complete bodypanel + fogging all adjacent parts in a Lotus, where the bodypanels cover half the car = might as well repaint the whole car.

"You can't treat a car like a human, a car needs love" -Walter R

Although I am considering BRG, I cannot be sure if Evora looks "right" in BRG.

I like the colour itself and it has meaning to it. But I also have feeling that BRG does not suit the character of this car while it is a perfect fit for more spartan Elise. Could anyone who has seen the car tell me what you thought of it.

This is where it all gets really down to personal opinions but when we did the factory tour and saw it in a corner it looked "boring and looks like a different car" to quote my wife. I tend to agree with her but that was this prototype we saw and with the dark interior and car was dirty with salt etc. at the time. Maybe would look completely different cleaned with Oyster interior or something else.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks for the comment.

I consider BRG a typical Lotus calor along with yellow, but nobody has ordered a demo in BRG. That makes me wonder if BRG does not go along with image of Evora.

• 2 months later...

I have now seen most of the colour combinations in pics.

Still nothing in British Racing Green... any pics anywere?

• Gold FFM

Other than the pics of the protoype car on page 1 of this thread, I haven't seen any other pics of a BRG. I'll look out for one at the Frolic at the factory in 2 weeks and get some pics if there's one there, plus of as many other colour combinations as I can :)

Thank you. Although I am confident on my choice of colour, I would love to see a production car in BRG.

Meanwhile I am not aware that anybody ordered a BRG one yet. Are there anybody else who picked BRG?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time has passed and still no pictures of a "real" car in Green available??

All other colors have been seen....