Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
customer cars in production? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

customer cars in production?

But don't forget that some dealers have been asked to place, and have done so, their second demo Evora.

As I've said before could it really be that demos would be on the market before those who've waited a year+ for their own car - doesn't make sense at all. At least the resale value might be set.

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer tells me that no customer cars will go out until the 1st September - even if you were willing to take before then and suffer the 09 vs 59 plate hit.

Factory collection for me therefore will have to be mid October as I return to Brazil for 4 weeks on 1st September and then a 12 day holiday booked thinking I would have taken delivery by then. :)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie to the site and also to Lotus so reading some of the posts from Lotus 'old hands' leave me feeling like my first day at school....as I remember!

I've had end of July, September 7th and now 15th-23rd October as delivery dates and so the shine is beginning to disappear. I'm also getting grief at home due to my Merc CLS having departed the family home at the end of July. Sharing her beloved Santa Fe is not an easy task to plan ahead for!

I am taking solice in the hope that most of the gremlins will be sorted by the time my Canyon Red/Anthracite wheels comes through the spin cycle. I'm told it is in Factory 4 at present with 4 stages to go...can't wait.

I think I jumped from my Boxster to the CLS too quickly, bit like Nike Air into slippers, but hoping that the Evora doesn't frighten me to death...the reports on the Alpine comms pack already have me in a cold sweat!

I'm being told that certain component suppliers are causing Lotus to resource unexpectedly and at short notice and would be interested if others are getting the same message.

Welcome Dealerjm. You are not alone and after you have read some of the Forum backlog you will find many of us are like you new to Lotus. I am one of the converts. You do realise that after this you will also have to buy an Elise as well as it seems to be the done Loti thing to have one of each. :P:lol:

There are a large number of posts in Forum relating to why the cars are so late and your suggestions are amongst the reasons given. Main reasons given seemed to circulate around getting the final trim detailing sorted out after the press launch as you will read. Your reasons are about second most popular.

Like you I gave up my car - a Boxster S back in mid March when I found a buyer and was expecting a June delivery. The "discussions" about who gets the other, and now only car have been tense at times and I am out of the UK 6 months a year! :) I now hopefully get it on Friday after being in the first 30 odd cars down the line and paying deposit early last August. Those who have taken delivery already and are also new to Lotus (Matt & Senior/Bolly Girl) say the additional anticipation - or is that agrivation - has been worth it in the end. I hope so. My new found love of all things Lotus has been surely tested and it was just as well that the Porsche/AMG love affair was well and truly over at the start of this new affair. Other owners who are maybe on the fence may not be so accepting.

Tonights Alpine postings also have struck fear into me as I have no patience with these things. They should be intuitive like an i-pod and not require to be a 15 year old nerd with no friends to be able to work them. Sounds like I will be getting kids home from Uni to assist!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I think the most frustrating thing is the lack of proper information on production progress.

I am going to the factory in 2 wks to see my car on the production line, so it will be interesting to see what stage it is at and how long they tell me before it is complete.

So far I have been unable to get a delivery date even though production has started (so I am told), which I find amazing.

Whilst I am in agony with all the waiting, if I had a firm date then I would be much happier, regardless of what the date was.

After all we know it will be worth the wait!

Not knowing is much worse.

construction and property consultants : My company

Hello Dealerjm - you will not be disappointed when you finally get the car....to pass the time why don't you plan how you're going to cover the running in period - you need to get the first 600 miles done as quick as you can (using max half throttle and not running the engine continously at over 4000rpm....and then the next 400 you can start to really use the car before the 1,000 mile service....

You could also make sure you've got lots of new car cleaning stuff....because you will want to keep that Canyon red shining - I know because the Elise I traded in when getting the Evora was Canyon red - I think it's a great looking colour - and it definitely gets attention - looks fantastic, especially with the sun shining on it.

Am looking forward to seeing pictures from you up on this forum.

Thanks all for the friendly response to my inaugeration speech! Given up fighting for the use of 'our' car today and been down to Birmingham airport to hire a Volkswagon Golf. It will hopefully get me by until 15th-23rd when 'EV-day' is scheduled and allow me to keep some street cred at minimal outlay. Still feel a bit miffed that I'm shelling out due to these uncertain and unexpected delays.

When I do get it, I have an appointment with my biggest customer on the 25th. They are on the South coast and so this will run up a few miles towards the 1000 mile service. I'll just have to remember to park it round the corner as you know what they say about suppliers and flash cars! Maybe I should keep the Golf a couple more days! I've also got to fit in a visit to my dear old mum in Bucks, so a few more miles to the good. She's 82 and drives a black Beemer convertible so she'll enjoy a run out in the Evora.

Come on Lotus, don't mess up my plans!

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe it! My car is ready for delivery this week and I'm in Spain playing golf! Never mind, I've arranged to take delivery within 48 hours of my return, so I can look forward to coming back even if the golf doesn't go to plan.

I'll get some pictures up as soon as possible.

• Gold FFM

Now there's a dilemma - golf vs new car! Hope the thought of picking it up doesn't put you off your game and look forward to seeing pics next week.