Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1 x Storm Titanium and 1 x Burnt Orange... - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1 x Storm Titanium and 1 x Burnt Orange...

Bibs

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Great pics Andrew and the colour really suits the car - more stylish than the Chrome Orange. Did your dad drive your Esprit back to Scotland in convoy with you? That must've been a cool sight!

Great pictures Andrew.

As I said yesterday the colour is fantastic and is now my favoured choice.

Coincidently I saw a Burnt Orange Elise SC at AMP3 Trackday at Knockhill today and that shows the colour off very well too.

The change in colour is very subtle as the various contours catch the light.

I am not sure if it is the camera playing tricks but the last photograph with the Evora next to your Esprit make the Esprit look small.

Enjoy!

Looks fantastic Andrew.

Al - for you....to keep you sane some more comments.

Left work early at 6 tonight (6pm is early for me) so i could have a bit of a play with the car.

The instrument stalks move with the steering column so in my view they are a bit too far away (to be fair my hands are small-ish).....BUT - I got the kids easily in the back (they are quite tall 7 year olds) and I am just under 6ft tall....and went for a quick spin with 4 in the car - all completely comfortable, including me - no problem at all with driving position. I would probably have the seat a little bit further back if driving on my own - but not much.

The car was great again - just superb to drive - and all still no more than 4000 rpm.

I am so looking forward to driving it on my own after running in - I honestly am sitting writing this just itching to get back behind the wheel. Amazingly communicative feeling from the steering wheel - and great throttle response - i think SPORT mode will be on all the time and I think it has to be a MUST for anyone speccing a non launch car.

I need to work out how to use Bibs' new 'Owners Garage' - one for the week end i think.

when we've got a few cars in customers hands we could maybe compare chassis numbers although don't know enough about their process to know if they come down the line in that order..

not at all. Verhiest and Verbaere are getting some of their customer cars which VIN-wise are way in front of yours (I know of VINs 838,839,841...). Big style VIN shuffling going on. In fact there should have been "some" cars flying around at the factory waiting for delivery, and as far as my information goes a truck full of Evoras is said to have left for the Netherlands/France even before the "offical first" one. However, yours is definitely the first car handed over to a customer, so take the pride and do enjoy !

Edited by Stefan

150 mile round trip to Avebury, Wiltshire today - kid in the front and the back and wife behind passenger seat. All comfortable except wife - not surprising really although after some sort of leg rearranging on the way back it was apparently more confortable. I think probably 90 minutes journey is about the limit for an adult in the back...

Car was fantastic, unsurprisingly....some nice sweeping corners on the A4 around Marlborough/Hungerford - really pleasant driving.

Got lots of looks, especially in the car park at Avebury. Highly amusing when we got back to the car to find a couple giving it a close inspection...they were a bit embarrassed....their car....Porsche 911 parked behind me !! Other people taking pictures (from a respectful distance) and general pointing and staring.

And I've decided the indicator stalks are actually ok position-wise....or i've got used to them...or my fingers have grown a few mm's...

Pics below in Avebury car park. (passenger door open in case anyone thinks the door mirror looks in a funny position)

post-197-1252268129_thumb.jpg

post-197-1252268150_thumb.jpg

Great photos and story. I am sure you will get plenty of that over the coming months.

quote" after some sort of leg rearranging on the way back " Ouch! Did it require surgery? :( Does your wife realise that she probably holds the world record for back seat journey length right now - at least for an adult :) Without, er, um, wishing to pry or ask you to be on the receiving end of a good slapping how big is your wife? :huh: I suppose I really mean how tall is she? Just trying to get a feel for what may be possible in the back seat here!! - Meaning my wife is comparitively short at 5' 3" and I was not expecting her to go anywhere in the back but now maybe some possibilities.

How did your daughters do with the travel sickness and technicolour yawns?? :lol:

Glovebox? Is it improved?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Al - your wife will be fine...mine is around 5'9''

No daughter sickness - even with much turning around / shouting / listening to personal IPOD whilst music on in the car and eating chocolate biscuits.

And the glovebox - it's fine - it is actually damped slightly on opening. It's pretty small though - but hey - the rest of the car is a packaging miracle !!

Thanks Matt,

Good news all round really! Apart from maybe now for SWMBO who will have to take a back seat occasionally - for the first time in her life! :)

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Heh Matt you are famous.

Look at the Lotus website main page and they you are popping up every time my mouse passed. Congrats!

(Shame the Evora link from the webpage still isn't much better which is why I was there.)

ha - yes i saw that....

My work colleagues have all found it highly amusing and sent links to the stories to the 4 corners of the Earth !! I've had many comments about photos being airbrushed....repeating my "quotes" back to me...I'm sure you can imagine.

Oh the price of fame! You will have the Paparatzi going through your bins next... :)

Still the girls throwing themselves at you in the street will be fun to fight off (At least when SWMBO is there) :huh: