Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aftermarket Exhaust Options - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aftermarket Exhaust Options

Hi,

Would love to hear from anyone who has fitted sports exhausts.. I've been looking at the PB racing, the Larini and the Kreissieg. The latter is very expensive but sounds amazing on the below clip:

Ideally I'm looking for something that is not too loud but sounds nice, or is switchable. I leave for work at 6am.. ideally i'd like not to be lynched by the neighbours!

Thanks for any help!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am VERY happy with the Lotus product on offer having wondered about changing for a few months. Has for me the right balance between louder and lovely engine note. Transformed the car for me and neighbours haven't said a word apart from compliments.

By the way for anybody considering the Lotus one they do seem to change their note and not volume after about 1,000 miles or so then settle down. This observation not just from me but one two or three other Forum members up this way. If you listen to a dealers demo or anybody else's at a meeting check the mileage since fitting!!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hmmmmmm. Difficult to describe! Words will probably fail me now. Without getting any louder it became a deeper more resonant note or perhaps a more pleasing roar. Throatier I suppose could also describe it. Really difficult to describe in words as you have just read! I had also mentioned my thoughts to the dealer service manager who totally agreed that they had noticed the same.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 1 month later...

Hi @ all,

I´ve read this thread I´m torn between Komo-Tec (soundfile!) and Supersprint rear exhausts. Supersprint offers two different silencers but what´s the differences in sound? Is the "Racing" type too loud?? Or is the street legal version too quiet??

Maybe the other nice items of Supersprint will be fitted step by step.

• 1 month later...

I've had a trawl around all the aftermarket options for the Evora, and the only one I think I would want would be the Kreissieg. Yes its more expensive, but some of the ones I've listened to, don't sound that much different from the Lotus Sports exhaust.

Saying that, mine is starting to loosen up nicely, and sounding better as the miles add up. I take it thats its starting to soot up!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There was a guy on the US forum offering a group buy on the K exhausts, but I don't think there was enough UK interest.

I've been talking to 2bular who are local to me. They have a great reputation for Elise and Exige exhausts

• 4 weeks later...

Having had a 2bular on my Elise, I would definitely have opted for one on my evora if I hadn't already gone for the lotus option. The 2bular has a very distinctive burble, and crackles and pops on over run :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is probably a bit late, but I hope it helps others. I recently upgraded from factory exhaust to the Lotus Sport Exhaust. I took before/after videos in several situations and posted them on the other forums.

Lotus Evora Standard and Sport Exhaust Comparisons

I hope that helps someone. I'm pleased with the new exhaust and just yesterday had a compliment from someone that had heard me driving around town about how great it sounds.

2011 Lotus Evora 2+2

I'd be happy to take an exhaust for free and do the same comparison videos. :) You know, just so all the options can be equally compared in a fair environment.

2011 Lotus Evora 2+2

• 4 months later...