Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rear camera - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear camera

Hello, just a question concerning the rear camera. Alpine's handbook and the setup mode describes a way how to activate the rear camera even when the car is not in back motion. I guess Lotus has connected the system in a way this option is not available ?

Thanks for your feeback

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Evora rear camera swithes on when reverse is selected, displaying it on the headunit

If 'visual' is selected and 'camera' pressed, a black screen will be displayed on the headunit as the vehicle is not in reverse.

The camera is angled to cover reversing and give good visibility in that area just behind the car. I suspect that if you wished to use it as an alternative to a rear view mirror you would need to adjust the position. I suspect that like the many after market kits you can by the camera is powered off the reversing light circuit.

• 1 month later...

Have all the other owners also noticed a small annoyance this lousy cold weather? Because we have a centre exit exhaust the rising steam rapidly fogs up the camera in cold weather. Obviously nothing that can be done but I've had a wry smile this last week. Just as well we still have the proximity buzzers! :ph34r:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023