Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine work to be done - Page 15 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine work to be done

Dave Freeman

That sounds like a plan, a Curry night brilliant, lets arragne something, tied up in September but Oct onward could be good. Good to hear from you again, how are you both, hope all is well.

We need to meet again, wine women and some sound, might have to invite the wives.

Dave

Yeh sounds good mate. Have some news, but I will drop you a PM mate :(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi Dave

Good to hear your new engine working well :thumbsup:

How many miles since the new engine ?

I was busy with building the garage project and almost finished and now I'm looking for a auto-lift ...

Yasuo

• 1 year later...

Hi chaps, thought it was time to do an update, its been a while since the new engine went in. Its running very well, I must have done about 4,000 miles which includes the run down to Le Mans, and we are going again this year, its all booked. Anyway I said that I would keep all informed of the state of the stainless steel exhaust header, well its doing well, no issues at all. Its not a regulated test but it has been driven in the wet, it has been shocked, and well cycled. Long way to go in its life but so far so good.

Dave

Yasuo, how are you mate. What type of lift did you get, I am at present looking to replace my static ramps with a 4 poster lift, if I can find one, there are loads out there but I cannot find one at a reasonable price. They are all around £3,000 delivered, not sure I want to pay that much. I will be selling my aluminium ramps, so that will reduce the cost.

What type did you get, scissors lift, 2 or 4 post lift.

Take care Yasuo, best regards

Dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

• Gold FFM

Dave,

Glad to hear all is going well. Thanks to you placing an idea in my head I ended up with the scissors lift. I find it very useful for the Lotus and my other vehicles.

post-4361-0-05975100-1326578734.jpg

Though I find it extremely useful because of the low ground clearance of the Esprit I had to build a set of wooden boards to allow the car to clear the lift. ( seen in the photo ) I leave the lift in the garage and park the Lotus over top of the lift at all times. The Lotus is short enough I can go full height on the lift and not even come close to the 8.5ft ceiling height. When needed for another vehicle or it is a beautiful day out I just roll the lift outdoors.

post-4361-0-27549800-1326579003.jpg

Though I have been looking a a portable single post lift that will allow me to lift up to where I can stand under the car without being hunched over. However the portability is not the same as it is with the scissors lift. So I just might move the scissors lift up to my other house.

Edited by cjtpb13

Nice lift Christopher, looks like it does the job well. I am considering a four poster, which can live in situ, it gives a nice flat area for checking ride height and I think it's a little safer, I saw Trevor's lift, like yours some time ago and it was good but the clearance under my car is very limited. Also just another few hundred pounds gives you the ultimate, just as garages use.

Still looking at a strong man lift, these look good, not made my mind up yet.

Hope all is well, best regards

Dave