Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EMEG - UK - East Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

EMEG

winners

Having airing my grumpiness on another thread, I will now try to put a positive spin on keeping the EMEG going.

For the first meet 2010 how's everyone fixed for Sunday 17th or 30th of January .

I propose we head into the Peak District starting at The Castlewood Pub just off J28 of the M1 (A38 junction)

Post interest with preferred date.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

A positive step forward, good to see mate :)

Dont forget to post it up in the calendar when you finalise the date and link it to this thread, it may well encourage a little more interest!

Come on EMEG crew, help make 2010 the best year yet!

Chunky Lover

just a little tip, if you organise a meet pick a date and then a venue, dont give people a choice of date or venue you will never please everybody, if you organise, then its your choice, do things you want to do if otherpeople want to come they will, when you get back tell everyone what great time you had and publish the next meet date.

by the way this is not my personal advice it is the advise regional co ordinators of Mensa ( the high IQ society) are given

best of luck

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 4 weeks later...

OK so the numbers for January meet look low and the weather hasn't helped!

Lets try for 21st February at 2.30 p.m.

Meet at the Castlewood off J29 of the M1 (A38 Junction heading towards Mansfield) Then we'll head of into the Peak somewhere.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark

You really need to be adding these to the calendar mate, then link the calendar entry back to this discussion thread, it'll create more interest for sure! If you have any problems doing this then drop me a PM.

Also, a more proactive approach, do what Newts did and send a group PM out to all EMEG members telling them to get their arses moving over to this thread. Once you've cracked this first meet of the year, have a chat between yourselves and organise a diary for the next 12 months.... :)

Good luck dude! :(

Chunky Lover

Just a thought but well worth sending it again nearer the time. :)

At this time of year the weather can stop ppl committing till close to the date depending on weather/other commitments i.e. half term etc.

not guaranteed but well worth a try.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

Hi

Do you guys still meet up?

I am currently looking for an S3 Turbo Esprit and would really appreciate any help and advice on offer. I live near Wellingborough.

Thanks

Rob,

Us NMEG guys are fairly active usually meeting monthly.

Next trip out is Super Car Sunday at Gaydon, Warwickshire on 26th June. See the thread in Events section.

Why not pop along, meet the folks and check out turbo S3's

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 1 month later...

Work wise I shall be back in Robin Hood country from tomorrow having just completed my stint in Scotland!

Is there any local shows that could do with an Exige Cup 260 or an Elise SC on display?

Or any meets/runs that we maybe able to tag along?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430