Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus/TVR meet - Brands Hatch - 31st January 2010 - Page 4 - UK - Kent - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus/TVR meet - Brands Hatch - 31st January 2010

Bibs

• Gold FFM

look for a silver Sport 350 and Brad Pitt lookalike.

Given the latter, the former will probably be an old Ford Cortina.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

And thats a problem.......why?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry chaps - I think I might have to cry off. I'm not too keen on driving when the old flamable isn't safely contained within the tanks.

1&2. Bibs & Laura (Hopefully in a Sport350!)

3. Peter (grey Europa)

4, 50nny (Esprit V8)

5. Andjons (S4)

6&7. Tony plus mystery guest (well known prof. driver and instructor - not the Stig!) (Sport 300)

8. Kimbers (Exige S)

9. Fishy (Diablo)

10. Jonjon + wife (Esprit V8)

11&12 The Persian +1 guest. (Elise S)

13 Neal (Esprit V8)

14 Paul C (Elise 111s)

15 Ian Summerfield (Elise S)

16. Dave Eds (Elan M100)

17. Braziers (Esprit V8)

18-21. TomE (Elise SC) - and MrsE with 2x little Es will meet us at the pub for lunch (Swedish luxo-barge)

22. stonecold128 (exige)

24 & 25. Jonathan & Ali (Esprit GT3)

26. Alex (BMW M3 CSL)

27. Dave (Exige)

:question: Been snowing here and it's settled. Keeping my fingers crossed it's gone tomoz.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

looking forward to stroking the Tartan :question:

I'm trying really hard not to smirk at that.

Nah, it's no good.

<smirk>

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

LOL - fear not.

Weather looks ok for this weekend chasps (according to my sources) cold though, Brands gets MIGHTY cold becuase it's totally exposed to the wind so bring a hat - dont say I didnt warn yas.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Will be there for Breakfast, but can't make hoon/lunch due to previous.

See you then :question:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I'm screwed guys....infact it's my car thats screwed....she won't start! I knew I should have got her out of lockup earlier but after 6 weeks without turning a wheel the battery is kaput. She wouldn't even Jumpstart.

As such (and seeing I was going to leave at 6 anyway) I can no longer make it. You'll just have to make do without taking the piss of my Ginger beard!

Kimbers this is getting a bit of a routine !

You've probably killed the battery if you've left it that long to discharge, weather wont help either.

Car as light as that you should be able to bump it !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Decided with all the people dropping like flies I should make the effort on behalf of London (Esprit) Group and fly the flag.

Down side was which car to take/would start. First choice was the Esprit so I started it up at 7.30am and left it running while I scraped the ice off. I soon found the ice was also on the inside of the screen so left it running hoping it would eventually thaw. In the meantime I tried the Alpine whos battery was completely dead so I jump started that and scraped the ice off. By 8.00am the Alpine was clear enough to drive and even though I had left the Esprit running there was absolutely zip defrosting done so it was the short straw Alpine.

Bibs, Dave Eds, Neal, Sonny, Cliff, Paul C, Beady, Fishy (Diablo) and more were there along with a good number of others. Plenty of automotive discussions going on in the nippy sunshine and glad I got off my butt.

Trevor.

105_1409.jpg

105_1410.jpg

105_1411.jpg

105_1412.jpg

105_1413.jpg

105_1415.jpg

105_1416.jpg

105_1417.jpg

I'll get around to it at some point.

Eventful morning then Trev!

All I had to do was go into the garage and start the car, still with the roof down from yesterday's short trip to the Freemans, (which included picking Yasou up from Stansted, and narrowly missing a deer that decided to hurdle the car! Welcome to England Yasou - have a lapful of Venison! For once he wasn't aiming his camera though!).

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

Hi Guys - first post so apologies if I cock it up.

Richard here of the TVR CC (Tamora S6 OOH), just wanted to say thank you to all of you for such a great turn out, some lovely cars (even managed to sit in my first Esprit!! (V8 obviously) - Thank you.

As I saw someone else post earlier, its nice to see something different from TVR, TVR, TVR and the Yellow Esprit behind me had great road presence, was a bit disappointed when it was replaced with the Virage (as its brakes are crap) but my dont it fly for an old barge.

Bibs and I mentioned doing another meet in the spring, perhaps an earlier run out (no traffic) to the coast for brekkie. (we have a lovely route for that). Be good if we could mix up the cars a little more too next time.

Good to meet those that I spoke too and hope to catch up again in the future.

Drive carefully - in a spirited fashion.

Ooh a thought - you guys tied in with Lotusontrack? Could we do a joint TVRCC/Lotusontrack trackday at brands? Do a friday, camp over, BBQ and few beers? A thought......

Richard