Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate! - Page 2 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate!

Received mine last week as well, looks better when you can actually confirm your car is 36th from the last.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Got mine a couple of years back, it's a nice addition to the history file. One thing to check when you get one is how long between manufacture and first registration. My car was built in November 1996 No 22 off the line, but not registered until March 1997. First owner was Lotus but dispite asking around the factory nobody knows what for.

• Like 1

I received the certificate and covering letter this morning, it makes for very interesting reading.

It is interesting to see that my car was built 06/11/90, but was first registered 01/09/92. This explains why everybody kept giving me blank looks when I told them I had a 1992 Esprit Turbo!

Mind you, I seem to get blank looks on loads of other occasions as well...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I received my certificate this morning and although I knew it was one of the last 15 UK spec cars it is now confirmed as the 8th last UK spec and 2nd last Silver Esprit.

My car left the production line on 14th April 2003 and was registered on 17th April 2003.

LetterwithCertificateofProvenance.jpg

EspritCertificateofProvenance.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday and as others have said, its a fascinating thing to have. I doubt many manufacturers would be able to give us this personal attention. I've been telling everyone its a November 2001 model as that's when it was first registered but it actually came off the line on 24 May that year. Comparing Brian's engine serial number to mine, I can safely say mine was one of the last 250 Esprits!

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine for my EARLY S4... #3 for the US.

Also included was a copy of the origional window sticker... very cool.

post-78-126909819665_thumb.jpg

post-78-126909821003_thumb.jpg

Edited by karmavore

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I got mine last week too, I found out that my 88 Esprit Turbo is actually a November 87 built car. That made me wonder if any of the 89 SE's were actually built in late 88 ? - It could open up more opportunities to get over the 'manufactured Pre-89' import rules here in Australia for anyone wanting a slightly newer model.

has anyone here got an SE that came off the line at the end of 88 ?

Edited by stevem

Too many Toys are never enough !

• 1 month later...

What a great facility. I also did this last leave & have forgotten to scan the cover letter and Cert and bring with me to post. Will do in a few weeks on my return home. Seems I was the first Evora owner to request this info. Okay so no historical connections yet but will be a nice addition with the car going forward.

I had been disappointed that our "Launch Edition" plates were without numbering and mentioned this so Andy did a lot of extra research for me and came up with all sorts of facts in the covering letter. Many thanks!

I have found out that I was customer car #13 (or is that 12B? whistle.gif ) down the line. Unlucky for some but I'm not superstitious so lets not dwell on that bit. I'll post more in a few weeks.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today, thanks for the lead. Only thing that bummed me out was that its only option was apparently the glass roof which I am guessing the original owner probably ebayed separate from the car so I didn't get it.

post-101-127302760159.jpg

post-101-127302762982.jpg

post-101-127302764336.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I rang Andy at the factory today and have given him my S4's details so waiting on getting mine now. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 months later...

I had mine done about a month ago.

My S4S is the 10th off the line :cool: which I quite like,this bit is a bit is hard to believe and I quote,and while Azure Blue was the most popular colour (4 other cars) they all had different colour leather trim,so based on vin sequence, your car was the first Azure Blue with Raven leather.

I thought there was 198 S4S's made,and only 5 Azure Blue cars that don't seem very many,considering that I know where 2 are mine and the one at PM's .:shuriken:

All in all well worth getting done

Just trying to find where the figure of 198 came from,is that correct or i'm i just making that up from some where :blush:

My car was built in November 1996 No 22 off the line, but not registered until March 1997. First owner was Lotus but dispite asking around the factory nobody knows what for.

crash%20test%20LP4OO.jpg

:getmecoat:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine done about a month ago.

My S4S is the 10th off the line :cool: which I quite like,this bit is a bit is hard to believe and I quote,and while Azure Blue was the most popular colour (4 other cars) they all had different colour leather trim,so based on vin sequence, your car was the first Azure Blue with Raven leather.

I thought there was 198 S4S's made,and only 5 Azure Blue cars that don't seem very many,considering that I know where 2 are mine and the one at PM's.:shuriken:

All in all well worth getting done

Just trying to find where the figure of 198 came from,is that correct or i'm i just making that up from some where :blush:

I think what is meant, that out of the first 10 cars, 5 where Azure blue, not 5 total built.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I got mine ages back but forgot to say anything on here. For some weird reason, the gearbox id was not recorded on my car when it left the factory, so that has no detail on the certificate. Bummer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 months later...

I forgot to put mine up as well. Andy's the man and really helped me with additional info above and beyond, but it's cool to have these, for sure.

post-6978-0-58348200-1297921986_thumb.jp

post-6978-0-15049100-1297922000_thumb.jp

Trim was tartan, but not recorded.

post-6978-0-48674200-1297922016_thumb.jp

post-6978-0-48843900-1297922033_thumb.jp

post-6978-0-60333000-1297922052_thumb.jp

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S