Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 2 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• 1 year later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just to revive this - have to say Elite/Eclats have been left in the dark for too long. Is it me or are they beginning superby retro in a very good way. Any more posts especially of Riviera Elites please! I so regret not trying to buy a fantastic light green Elite that appeared on Autotrader a few years ago - Anyone recall the car? It was light green with Speedlines and a green interior too?

Really appreciating them now......

Anyone recall the car? It was light green with Speedlines and a green interior too?

You may have had a lucky escape. It once belonged to Roger Makhlouf and was, for some reason, a right dog despite having tens of thousands thrown at it. Roger was once even put off buying a long-wished-for Riviera he stumbled across because he could not walk away from the amount of money invested in the green S2. The latest owner was selling last year and took it off the market for similar reasons, I think the engine had been out 3 or 4 times at Lotusbits trying to sort driveline vibrations. With hindsight they should all probably just be swapped onto late model Excel chassis!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 2 weeks later...

Did I see a sprint for sale the other day on ebay?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

yes, looks like there was one.... I missed it on my ebay search for some reason.

fair bit of BS sprinkled in the add about there being only 3 left which are in car collections. I know of at least 4 which aren't in collections. One went through Bonhams auction at Goodwood recently after being dragged from a shed.

The one in the pic above is a 521 sprint, which has the 5 speed box and the 14 inch 7J GKN wheels.

Edited by Dunc

Hi Dunc,

Nice track pictures - btw in the field shot, the V8 eclat front looks a lot lower at the front end than the white one(?) Have you lowered it, or is it just the photo maiking it look lower? The bumper seems a lot nearer the ground on the yellow car.

Cheers, Mat.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great to see the photo's I've jus renewed my forum membership after being out for a while good to be back.

a couple of our Eclat 524 based in Canada. Struggling to keep it up to road use spec due to limited support but hopeful once we are located in Victoria I'll have more luck.post-10157-0-52312900-1333782051.jpgpost-10157-0-17739000-1333782103.jpg

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

sam0113q.jpg

This picture i made today, (lotus elite 501 from 1976 and my rare 1989 Excel SA)

I finally completed the exterior of my 1974 Elite, so will post some pictures. There are more, higher resolution pictures in the "Gallery" section; search under "EliteEV".

You can tell I've done some minor mods to the body, especially the bumpers. I think the Federal bumpers are an abomination, so did what I could with my limited skill to improve them.

post-10170-0-52949400-1347127333.jpgpost-10170-0-02668500-1347127330.jpgpost-10170-0-39542700-1347127336.jpg

• Like 2

I knew there was something missing when I looked at that pic, well done for making me realise it was the door handles. I don't think we'd get away with it in the UK as I believe you have to be able to open the door from outside the vehicle, but it's probably dependent upon the tester dong the inspection as it is by "the relevant control" which can be argued to be the key fob.