Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Last model Excel (Celebration) with last model Eclat (Riviera) yesterday.

DSCF3275.jpg

DSCF3276.jpg

Followed by 3 hours later at Lakeside Engineering after the water pump went bang!!

DSCF3295.jpg

• Like 2

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I'll second that :D and these thing's always happen without warning when you least want it to.

Slightly off topic but an hour after the slight detour to Lakeside a visit to a couple of local hostelries ensued in order to be able to have a deep and meaning full discussion of the anatomy of said water pump. :D

tourdesurrey.jpg

• Like 1

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

see you at www.lotusexcel.de

lotusexcelsesmallhfc4.jpg

Edited by jimmybondi
  • Like 2

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

The metallic green eclat looks lovely in Mikes picture. I've never seen one with that depth of colour before. Anyone know if it is original colour, or a spray?

Dunc

Edited by Dunc

I don't remember that colour on an Elite before, but I could be wrong. I was there that year, when the picture was taken, it was great seeing so many Elites together.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

The metallic green eclat looks lovely in Mikes picture. I've never seen one with that depth of colour before. Anyone know if it is original colour, or a spray?

Dunc

Actually, on reflection I have seen that colour before - on the prototype eclat. The one that was magazine featured a few years ago witht he lotus elite coupe badging..

Is that the prototype eclat in the pic?

I'm curious... What tyres were you running on that Excel Celebration in the picture at Mallory?

I'm looking for experience reports and recommendations, especially for weekend club outings, mountain drives, and all-around hobby sports events (no "competition" events).

I live in the southeast US, North Georgia area, above Atlanta, close to Tennessee and North Carolina (lots of twisties nearby) as well as Road Atlanta for the occasional track day.

I expect to find new shoes for my 1976 Elite 503 which has the original GKN 14x7" alloys...currently wearing some old "BadYear" 215/60 street tyres.

Has anyone run the 195/60-14 sizes? Toyo Proxes RA1's are available in that size, as well as the 225/50-14 recommended by Tim Engel here in the US.

And, what about street tyres? Anyone using the Yokohama AVS ES100? ...or other "summer ultra-high performance" models in the original size or alternate sizes?

Thanks!

Cheers,

--Ken Ritchie (Atlanta)

Yep it's the Elite coupe prototype (pic from Mark's site) note the mirrors.

Lotus_Eclat_M50_Prototype.jpg

Have parked next to this twice at shows over the years and the proud owner talked about it a LOT. So much info that i can't remember it all. The chrome trim is welded in places so it's all in one piece rather than in several like production cars, in fact i think the two sections over the screen are the only joins. IIRC he said the green was the same colour as a renault Hazel Chapman had at the time? does that ring any bells? I might have got that wrong? He was very proud to have it and chatted for ages on both occasions so i should really remember.

Approach him at a show and ask, once he has your ear you will not get away, i'm not sure but i think he might be a relative of the ancient mariner...

:thumbup:

I'm curious... What tyres (and rims) were you running on that Excel Celebration at Mallory?

Cheers,

--Ken Ritchie (Atlanta)

PS, Also see my full query, on the next page of this thread. I had posted there before I learnt how to work the different reply buttons ;-)

Edited by Bibs
Removed quote - Use the 'add reply' button under the last post.

Hi Ken

Welcome :thumbup:

The tyres in the picture are goodyear sport 9000 225/50 15 which came fitted to the car when I bought it. However I have recently changed to toyo proxes tr1's which are also 225/50 15. Which I am very pleased with. The grip is superb.

Goodyear have just started producing 215/50 15's again but they are about twice the price of the toyo's!!.

The fittings/sizes may be different in the US so you will have to check.

The rims are the standard fit to the Celebration model i.e. 7J x 15.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...

That is a lovely looking Eclat - I have always liked the Elite/Eclat in white.

We are probably biased, but these are great looking cars aren't they ?

DSC00349.jpg

• Like 1

Guest mkelite

.............have to say in my small street of seven houses, theres ten new cars - and i know im a bit eccentric - but to the Elite they look clumsy and lack design. i know their prob more reliable and high tech, efficient etc etc . but i know which design strikes my eye first. just wish i could have my Elite S2.2 in perfect condition by tomorrow morning!. regards. DC.