Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 24 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• 5 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...

I think theyre 15″ ROTA BM8,

https://www.rotawheelsuk.com/rota-wheels/bm8-15-8-4114-et0-pfblack.html

and I thin they went with 7″ front, 8″ rear

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

3 hours ago, mpse14 said:

Does you know what the door mirrors fit and are they available? Mine are b-----dy useless,

Hi - they are Raydyot - one of my original pair was floppy so bought the same from eBay if I recall - about fifty quid for a pair in mat black (as per what was already on).

I know a couple of other local elites have the same mirrors but they are chromed... 

7 hours ago, mpse14 said:

Nice, what wheels are they, they suit the car very well. ( Esprit is very tasty also)

Cheers!

ive been tinkering today and discovered that the dipstick in the Esprit appears to be two inches too short! Had a nervous  moment when I put a glug in and it still wasn’t registering... Lucky my dad had an idea and we used the far longer stick from the V12 E type and sure enough it bottomed out on the sump and read plenty.... I will post in the Esprit G section to ask if anyone has come across this before or of its just me having to relearn esprit stuff after a ten year break! 😬

Edited by GasketsGone

Cheers - jim

15 hours ago, theelanman said:

I think theyre 15″ ROTA BM8,

https://www.rotawheelsuk.com/rota-wheels/bm8-15-8-4114-et0-pfblack.html

and I thin they went with 7″ front, 8″ rear

They are.... I can’t claim credit for the good taste - I’m just benefiting from Charlie’s excellent choices... search for the build thread on here somewhere...

still can’t give the man enough credit.. I am very lucky! 

Cheers - jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/01/2020 at 21:04, GasketsGone said:

Wedgey goodness! 😝

Nice and dry out this afternoon so gave the Elite a blast to get the oily bits moving  - started fine after working the choke and getting fuel flowing for the first time, after at least 6 weeks standing! 👍

2A20F378-96CF-40C9-9BAF-E1EC289DE70C.jpeg

Nice, but you need to get some TFR on the white bands, I used to do it every 2/3 weeks 😉

• Like 1

Ah! Mr Croker! Good to see you back on the forum...

Apologies for the lack of detailing I was just excited at getting the Panther out for a well deserved blast!

We have never met in person as far as I know, but rest assured I am a big fan of your work and will never stop publicly congratulating you on your creation!

Short of a recon steering rack and a new master brake cylinder it’s more or less as you left it, as far as I can tell and I am privileged to be benefiting from your vision.

I will  do my best to white the walls at the next opportunity...

respect always

jim 👍

Cheers - jim

• 1 month later...

Beautiful! How about some details, history? I'm sure we'd all love to hear some.

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 23:57, 89esprit said:

Beautiful! How about some details, history? I'm sure we'd all love to hear some.

Thanks!

Sold new in Sweden (LHD) 1988 Pearlwhite with darkgrey leather interior

Have 67000km on the speedometer, AC, Stainless exhaust, and HC engine

I bought it 2012 and the car is in realy good condition 🙂

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 10:09, mpse14 said:

Stunning!!!

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Painterdave said:

It's a lovely car it seems to have headlamp washers

Yes, sold new in Sweden and the cars here have it

• Like 1