Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 23 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Painterdave I have 2 interiors........one in the car and a spare........

Im going to take the existing trim out and use the best bits and get them retrimmed in new leather........

so yes complete retrim.........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

as you're in Essex and Im in Derbyshire I fear the cost of shipping might be a bit prohibitive ........

Peter Lenton.........and a quote of £2500 to £3000

oh....just an FYI........they reckon 90~100 hrs labour........

material is about £400 for the leather

Dave - you could try David Reid @ https://cartrim.webs.com/ - in Norfolk.  He replaced the carpets in my Excel.

When I get round to it, I'll be going back to retrim the rest of the car om 1/2 leather/alcantara.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:14, theelanman said:

ARF4.jpg

its not going to look like that for much longer.......lol

its back to original Lagoon Blue....and the interior is changing from green/grey/charcoal to cream leather.......

mechanicals done.........chassis is sorted......new shocks, brakes, rebuilt engine, refurbed gearbox, new tyres, new bushes all over the place, etc etc etc......

I've had the car almost 12 months........and its moved about 30ft.........altho' having said that it ran well on the rollers when I took it for its MoT

passed that with flying colours last month........now in the 'off' season.........its paint and trim time........fingers crossed..........:hope:

oh and removal of the sunroof.......lol

Good to see her at last. Looking forward to seeing her in on the road. At least that will be one of us! :ermm:

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I thought that was the more stylish and modern HC. My granny had one I would borrow to thrash around on the isle of man - the thrashing was necessary to clear the carburettors - and exceed walking pace.

The guy probably meant to buy a firenze, but found they'd all rusted away. 😕

The almost identical  Opel Kadette  - same GM parent company - used metric measurements and fittings to the Viva's imperial...😂

The lotus factory used both at the same time - now there's progress!🙄

I’m emotionally scarred from driving Vauxhall’s and Bedfords the list includes 

A HB estate in gold,   (I can‘t tell the B’s & C’s apart 

bedford CF (with a guess-o-matic gear box)

Bedford TK (built in the 70’s... but designed in the 50’s)

Vauxhall chevette estate (beige 3 door... when I complained that was a 3 door my boss said it’s only because they don’t make a 1 door..)

Bedford rascal (following row with boss)

Astra estate CDI ...(v luxurious for an Astra as I had a new boss as the old one managed to switch to Earth part of the local HV network and wisely chose early retirement .....)

I spent ages last week trying to work out what size unf or unc bolts I needed for the rear bumper to discover their M8 

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/11/2019 at 21:11, Multistrada said:

That's really clean.

Did you remove the black trim from the lower edge of the rear quarter windows?

AFAIK, there is no black trim along the lower edge - just the top and side edges.

Richard