Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
KFC launches 'bunless' burger in US - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

KFC launches 'bunless' burger in US

arbell9

Yes, it's quite a beast. My mother had one a couple weeks ago. She said it was real rich, kinda hard to eat the whole thing. She's not a big woman though but I'm sure there are plenty who'd have no problem eating one. Personally, it just doesn't sound all that appetizing to me.

No way would I eat one....

Lived in the US all my life, but I'm 6'2" and 167lbs (17.6kg or 11.9stone ) :) for the last 15 years! And it's from NOT eating stuff like that!

Don't eat Taco Bell

Don't eat KFC

no Burger King

no McDonald's..

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Hey, wait a minute.

This KFC Double Down seems to be lacking something.

post-6483-127233214297.jpg

There we go!

And I think I'll need something to wash it down.

post-6483-127233221934.jpg

And now my meal is complete!

Fries? No thank you! I'm on a diet!

Not with all the batter & processed cheese. :)

I can't imagine that would be healthy for any kind of diet!

I looked up whats in a Kraft cheese slice or what goes to make one, never really thought about it or why it melts to a paste whereas real cheese doesnt:

Info from the US, cheese foods are regulated by the FDA in the states. The product’s full name is Kraft Pasteurized Processed Cheese Product. It cannot be called cheese because less than 51% of it is actually cheese. The rest is composed of other ingredients.

What you need to know:

Nutrition Panel:

A single slice costs 70 calories, 45 of them from fat. The saturated fat in just one slice (3 grams), accounts for 15% of the maximum daily consumption. That same slice accounts for 11% of the recommended daily sodium consumption. On the positive side, 4 slices will give you 100% of your daily calcium requirement.

And here is the ingredient list, followed by our attempts to decipher it:

Milk, Whey, Milkfat, Milk Protein Concentrate, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Sodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid as a Preservative, Apocarotenal (Color), Annatto (Color), Enzymes, Vitamin D3, Cheese Culture.

Milk – is it whole? Skim? Kraft doesn’t say.

Whey – a by-product of cheese production. it is one of the components which separates from milk after curdling. (Liquid whey contains lactose, vits, proteins, minerals and trace fat).

Milkfat – the fatty portion of milk. Whole milk has 3.25% fat. Skim milk has none. How much milkfat is used here? good question. Kraft doesn’t say.

Milk Protein Concentrate (MPC) – a white to light-cream-colored dry powder. It is a very cheap milk by product produced from skim milk through a series of processes that includes ultrafiltration, evaporation and drying.

Calcium Phosphate (E341) – an acidity regulator, calcium phosphate is also a raising agent. It is also used in cheese products to fortify them with additional calcium.

Sodium Citrate (E331) - a food additive, usually for flavor or as a preservative. Has a tart flavor.

Whey Protein Concentrate - a collection of globular proteins that can be isolated from whey, a by-product of cheese manufactured from cow’s milk.

Sodium Phosphate (E339) – a food additive used as an emulsifier. Emulsifiers keep oil and water molecules mixed together, despite their natural tendency to separate. Sodium phosphate is used in processed cheese products such as this. It also increases its shelf life and maintains texture and appearance.

Sorbic Acid as a Preservative (E200) - antimicrobial agents often used as preservatives in food and drinks to prevent the growth of mold, yeast and fungi.

Apocarotenal (Color) (E160) – a carotenoid found in spinach and citrus fruits, that is a precursor to vitamin A. It has a orange-red color, and is used as a food coloring, especially in dairy products.

Annatto (Color) (E160b) – a natural red food coloring from the pulp of crushed seeds of tropical achiote trees.

Enzymes – coagulates the milk, causing it to separate into solids (curds) and liquid (whey)

Vitamin D3 – a type of vitamin D.

Cheese Culture – Cheese cultures are bacteria needed for the production of all types of cheese products. The bacteria type will determine the cheese’s gastronomic properties (smell, taste, texture).

seems like its mostly fat, protein and water.

from wikipedia

The use of emulsifiers in processed cheese results in cheese that melts smoothly when cooked. With prolonged heating, unprocessed cheese will separate into a molten protein gel and liquid fat; processed cheese will not separate in this manner. The emulsifiers, typically sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, tartrate, or citrate, reduce the tendency for tiny fat globules in the cheese to coalesce and pool on the surface of the molten cheese.

Just the ticket for a growing lad. Though the only whey (see what I did there?) you'd be growing would be horizontally!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

No way would I eat one....

Lived in the US all my life, but I'm 6'2" and 167lbs (17.6kg or 11.9stone ) :animier: for the last 15 years! And it's from NOT eating stuff like that!

Don't eat Taco Bell

Don't eat KFC

no Burger King

no McDonald's..

Travis, please tell me that you are not only 17.6kg and 6'2"!!! I work out that you would have a waistline about 4" around. :)

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I see there are lots of fact-packed reasons why some people would not eat this product... I have an observation/experience based reason for not doing so.

Whenever the pubs are open here, you don't see many/any people in the outlets... when the pubs are closed, they're packed out !

Does this point you to the same conclusions as me ?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

People prefer to drink beer when they eat?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Travis, please tell me that you are not only 17.6kg and 6'2"!!! I work out that you would have a waistline about 4" around. :cry:

Oops, I think that was supposed to 76kg. haha, I'm skinny but not that skinny.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Vile.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Iconic Enterprises launches "bunless" squirrelburger in Austin

The newest item on "The Squirrel Hut" menu was announced today in Austin. Available at an introductory price of just $2.99 plus tax, the new item features fresh caught squirrel meat, in either filet or ground patty format, with your choice of jalapeno achiote or salsa roja picante toppings, and layered with arugula leaves and organic tomato slices.

First 10 patrons ordering the new selection receive a free squirrel tail streamer, suitable for antenna mounting, and free DVD of "Know Your Squirrel: trapping methods and legalities of populace thinning and culling best practices."

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

hrhr.gifthumbup.gif

Good one, Bibs. My kind of people.

Caught another one of the little varmints just yesterday, and "liberated" him that evening to his new digs at the other end of the neighborhood.welcome.gif

I am actually surprised he was not relocated to across the border because he could not prove his citizenship John. :lol:

By the way do you have Skunk burger at squirrel hut? One has made an appearance round my house the other night and he may require a new vocation soon.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Bob, the last (and only) skunk that the trusty ol' "Door Slamma Shut" critter catcher induced inside was released about two years ago. I recall that he was headed smartly in a northwesterly direction, and I've done the math. Colorado falls well within the projected travel radius. You may keep him if you like. My gift.tongue.gif

We tried introducing Skunkburger at The Hut awhile back (independent supplier), but to no one's surprise it didn't go over all that well. Even our "Holy Moley Extra Hot" salsa verde couldn't overcome the somewhat pungent scintillatory effects. We are, however, investigating Grilled Roadrunner Bernaise as a possible monthly special for May.

Cheers,

John