Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Sunday 27th June - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Sunday 27th June

martynv

I'll go with you guys if I can please,is this a parking spot with the rest of you guys in the show,the cars new and I'm a bit choosey where I park at the mo :wine: dare say the novelty will wear off in a few years time :lol::shuriken:

• Like 1

I'll go with you guys if I can please,is this a parking spot with the rest of you guys in the show,the cars new and I'm a bit choosey where I park at the mo :wine: dare say the novelty will wear off in a few years time. :lol::shuriken:

Hi Nigel,

Ok you're in :shuriken:. See you Sunday at the Club Meeting Point detailed earlier in the thread between 9.00-9.25am. Any problems please contact me. The Lotus Forum area is now FULL.

Martyn.

Hi Martyn & co. I have managed to get my own pass, will it be ok to join up with you guys at the mtg area? I have a white '90 NA with SE front and black wheels; for identification purposes!?!

Cheers, Martin

Hi Martin,

You're welcome to meet up with us at the meeting area. However our club parking area may not be big enough to hold your Esprit as well, but fingers crossed we'll try and squeeze you in.

Martyn :welcome:

Well I hope everyone has been cleaning and polishing their Esprit today. I shall be performing a full inspection in the morning :wine: and yes I will be looking behind the petrol cap flaps, so all you stevens guys watch out !

See you all in the morning.

Martyn :lol:

Half way through polishing the car and it starts to fu.....g rain, not a little light drizzle but a full on monsoon with thunder and lightning!!!

Hope its dry by 5am so I can try and get some of the streaks and blotches off before setting off down the road.............

Dont worry,be happy.............

Big thanks to Martyn for his organisation on this one.

Good day, met some new people.

Went shopping around with my wife (she liked the Evora)

Shame about the Lambo and dancin donkey turn out but I did see an XJ220 and a Murci outside giving it the full beans so that was all good.

Cheers guys

Toby

Edited by mangel

Yer great day thanks for the invite Martyn and nice to of met everyone else, good to put names to faces. Lou'ki was on super beans and at last he fell to sleep on the way home. Now hes running around the garden, kids mad.

Good turn out, nice to also met loads of people from other forums as well.

Lou'ki enjoyed the quad, just hope he doesn't try it on his. lol

sig.jpg

A good day all round,thanks to martyn for getting me in at short notice,Richard who I followed to the show and Ade and gina for feeding me . :veryangry: oh and it goes without saying meeting other members. :getmecoat:

Edited by USAndretti42
Need a space between a word and an emoticon for it to work

Me and Gavin had a great day out, nice to put some faces to names. thanx. to martyn for organising, nice to see all the working TVRs in the world in one place. :getmecoat:

Dont worry,be happy.............

hello everyone.

lovely day good to meet a few people, thanks to martin for arranging, more tvr's than you could shake a stick at. derek good to see you again and i will let you know when the exhaust is ready

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Well another excellent outing. I'm getting into these early Sunday 3 hour runs ! Thanks very much Martyn for doing the organising and winning out against the shambles. Great to catch up...and with Ade and Gina (thanks for the shade!); and with Matt.....and to meet Paul and Derek and Martin (loved the colour!) and Nigel and Richard - sorry I didn't get to chat to everyone.

So this year the event has evolved some more. For those who were regulars in the past its changed quite a bit in the 5 years that I've been going. The Lambo count is down to about 5, similar for the Fezzas. There were half a dozen NSXs, a couple more DMCs, and a sprinkling of Vipers, Astons and Jags There's no real exotica any more tho the sporting bears had a XJ220 giving £95 charidee rides. The overall volume of cars is up with eg 20 - 30 MX-5s, a similar number of Elise/Exiges, and about a 30 minute cavalcade of TVRs - as mentioned elsewhere it felt like it included every road going example currently in the UK. There's also a marked increase in Jap GTOs and Skylines with bling engine bays. The arena having moved from the left on entry to the right two years ago was this time cut in half and didn't appear to host much except the "noise off" - I definitely missed Russ Swift! The change to try to add Superbikes is still struggling. Last year they numbered less than 10 in total. This year there were lots more, but they were all Yamaha, mostly R1s with a few wannabe R6s spread amongst - I think they got "the most R1s in a convoy" record which was admirable I guess, but being single make/model it wasn't really much of a bike show! We were off the tarmac for the first time in my attendance. It was great to be able to sit about on the grass near the cars, but it was a bit out of the mainstream and didn't get quite the footfall we've had some years.....but overall better for me! The museum has shuffled its exhibits about a bit and has bunged some new stuff in near the entrance. Good for the likes of me that have seen it lots, but for the first timer it doesn't really flow, and not all of the signs/legends have been moved to where the cars they cover are now - thats got to be confusing to most punters?! They had the F1 on a small screen in the Cafe...but I didn't see or hear a large screen with the footy on - I thought there was supposed to be one? As a result people started leaving from about 1 ish and when I left just after 3 the place was half empty despite not officially closing til 4.

Sorry boss that link gives an error on my PC.

So, erm, pictures?

Yeah yeah OK.

The happy band of TLFers in our backwater

IMG_3643.jpg

I still love the Countach even though it looks rubbish inside

IMG_3659.jpg

The first Roadster I've seen "on the road"

IMG_3655.jpg

One man's oddball taste

IMG_3673.jpg

Is another man's abomination

IMG_3672.jpg

If you wanna see them all they're here

http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n345/MPxSite/SupercarSunday2010/?albumview=slideshow

- but theres not much more of interest really....tho I did paperazzi Paul's exit cos he was drawing a bit of a crowd!

All in all a good day. Thanks again Martyn,

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Had a fantastic football free day out, 2nd year for us and we really enjoyed it. Thanks to Martyn for sorting the tickets, and good to catch up with faces old & new. I will put some pictures up later.

Called up there in the morning for a couple of hours but didn't see any familiar faces and on a tight timescale. A busy event and a good selection of Esprit on view. Well done.

Trevor.

105_1994.jpg

105_1993.jpg

105_1989.jpg

105_1988.jpg

105_1987.jpg

105_1986.jpg

105_1985.jpg

105_1984.jpg

105_1983.jpg

105_1981.jpg

105_1980.jpg