Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 103 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

On 2017-05-16 at 10:42, Del Lardo said:

Rinse. Snow Foam. Wash. Rinse. Claybar. Wax. 

Time taken 4.5 hours.

Feeling left in right arm, zero.

Estimated time to a pigeon shitting on all my hard work, 3 minutes.

car2.thumb.jpeg.530566e130b7fdff6779eabc1429589e.jpeg

Looks great, what colour is that? 

I couldn't decide which colour i like the most between black and red, i think that's just made my mind up.  

Central Lotus have a beautiful low mileage metallic black 400 just about to come in for a good price if anyone wants a black one!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That's decided it for me.

I was debating between Win Ace's GTE replica bumper and this McLaren-inspired offering - definitely going the Macca route now.

Just got to get my car back on the road first of course, which hopefully won't be too long now that the replacement clutch master cylinder is winging it's way here from the good ole US of A.

• Like 1

love that front bumper...  think i may put that on my wish list too..

Very nice Dave, thats some great cars there.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Hi Dave

I spotted you on Saturday lunchtime on  Douglas promenade.

It' shame I didn't see you at the Supercar morning on Sunday.  How long are you over for?

Steven

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SteveIOM said:

Hi Dave

I spotted you on Saturday lunchtime on  Douglas promenade.

It' shame I didn't see you at the Supercar morning on Sunday.  How long are you over for?

Steven

Hi Steven, came over on Thursday , had the privilege of joining the supercars for first run over mountain when it reopened  one way.  You would have seen me just before leaving the island on the Saturday.IMG_1613.thumb.JPG.32bdb9812c4b99ab2386da38d930cc8d.JPG

What a great place the IOM is ...very jealous. 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Thanks Dave

I think it's a great place to live (particularly when it's sunny!), but I'm a native so probably bias.

Hope you can stay for longer next time. Colin P and few of the others on here are coming over in late July for a long weekend.

@SteveIOM I'm coming over in July with Colin and the crew and can't wait, my first visit to the IoM. My surname comes from the IoM and traced the lineage back to their. However, my view of the IoM was always that it was either raining or misty, or raining and misty!  Is that the truth? Now please remember I've lived in Scotland for the past 22 years, so I'm not throwing stones from a glass house!

Desperately hoping for good weather for the trip.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

We're probably related then...

I expect the general climate here is no different to Scotland. I have plenty of Scottish friends who have moved to the Island and never complained about the weather!

The difficulty we have is unpredictability. We had nearly 3 weeks of sun and barely a rain shower in May, but we can just as easily have a week of rain in July or August. We also seem to have a microclimate where the weather can differ significantly in different parts of the Island or during a single day. You can go out for a drive or bike ride and encounter sun, rain, hail, mist, strong winds and sun again in the space of an hour. Anybody competing in motorsport here has to be a meteorologist in order to choose the correct tyres and set up.

You've got a chance of great weather in July, but even mixed weather shouldn't spoil your fun in an Evora (particularly the lighter 2+0 NA model... )

Lol thanks @SteveIOM. Sounds like where I am in Scotland. On the east coast so drier than the west, but yes, 4 seasons in one day as the 80's song goes....!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@SteveIOM it's always sunny in Ramsey. :P

Nice to see the cars at the Ramsey Park Hotel - our usual haunt, although this year we are at the Mannin in Douglas as we left it too late to book.

@C8RKH Don't worry, as a Lotus Group we have had sunny weather for the last 3 years. I went back just after last years trip (like 4 days later) with the family and we got drowned - so I've taken the allocation of rain on the groups behalf.

@DJW bugger, I'd hoped I'd be the first to introduce the Island to a 400 Auto :wallbash:. I have in my head the concept of how good the paddles will be going up the gooseneck :scared:. Soon there will be one living on the Island.

ps - could you tell yet what they are building next door to the Hotel - they had only just started it last year and we were not sure if it was going to be an extension?

pps - Did you have someone from Evo with you - that looks like their MINI JCW Challenge?

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.7f30a3a2bf878c7f4e09dba0c8d5b2b7.jpg 

was told to put my front plate back on :lol:

re building work see below

IMG_1595.thumb.JPG.abcf3ec5cc40371584f28b3076a67d84.JPG

Re Mini, it could have been one of the S9S guys as quite a few of them bought them for track days  

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Bloody hell. Was there a secret ball on?

The small print.