Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 127 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Not too difficult at all - a little bit of moderate heat (hair dryer) first then some gentle 'sawing' with a length of fishing line or similar and finally some spirit to remove the last of the adhesive residue.

• Like 1

The SR Evora's came out not long after I collected my 'S'. I once suggested to Brandon at Murray that I should change my lettering from chrome to black. He looked horrified and said never change the spec of my car.

Six years later I am glad I listened as he was soooo right 😎

2 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Not too difficult at all - a little bit of moderate heat (hair dryer) first then some gentle 'sawing' with a length of fishing line or similar and finally some spirit to remove the last of the adhesive residue.

Sounds not too bad, I shall give that a go! I still have quite a bit of my spray can left. 

Don’t forget to put some guide tape around the letters before you remove them. Makes them much easier to replace. 

(The really tricky bits are the surrounds for the fog and reversing lights). 

• Like 1

FYI, since my black 'T' fell off my Sports Racer, having been send the incorrect font letters for replacement, Lotus have produced a new batch of Evora specific black LOTUS rear plastic badges. Part number B132U0988S. 

Nice work. I would have done exactly the same thing with the chrome surrounds if I hadn't purchased the Afterburners. To save the hassle of removing the badges, you can always plasti-dip them. Really easy to apply and have never had any issues with it coming off or peeling, especially on badges. Just mask off the general area, spray and peel off. Letters stay black. 

29886483278_b97202fb27_b.jpg

• Like 2

Yes Valved road system.  Taken from my LF1 at sale.  Sounds fantastic.  Valve closed, probably a bit louder than stock, but in a nice way.  Valve open its a screamer! Probably not louder than stock, but a much sweeter more "tuned" sound.  The stock is loud, but quite a deep sound, this has a higher pitch and sounds so much better.  The biggest thing for me was to get rid of the "Pigs Snout" I wish Lotus would steer away from that design.

Would I have spent £1,500 over the stock pipe if I didn't already have the system.......... possibly not if I'm completely honest, but if you do, you will not be dissapointed.

Good stuff!

I had ordered a valved system for my NA in April but when it arrived there were some alignment issues. Jim tried his best to sort it by return 'post' but then the installer got maxed out! So my OEM SR sports exhaust, made by Janspeed, went back on!

TBH, it's not bad sounding, I have mine in 'sport mode' all the time (aside from sneaking out for a drive at night in stealth mode!), but just a bit quiet. I like to hear the scream of the V6 which is pretty epic for a humble Toyota motor!

Enjoy!!

Pete :>)

I'd persevere with the 2Bular Pete.  The stock system on the pre-400 cars is very quiet and the 2Bular will make an immense difference.  When I fitted the 2Bular to my LF1 the difference was incredible.

I agree, too.👍

Must admit I went through the same process of thinking about a "Sports Racer" wrap, but haven't changed a thing (cosmetically, anyway) since buying mine.

7 hours ago, pete757 said:

I agree, it looks really classy as it is. 😎

Where is that amazing road! Lotus territory :>)

That's the Gifford to Duns road - it's right on my doorstep. 

I was off to have a look at the Jim Clark museum (in Duns), but should have checked the website first as it was closed!  Never mind - any excuse for a trip across the hills in the Evora!