Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 74 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

11 minutes ago, The Lotus Position said:

Yes, it's a Pentax 10-17mm lens on a Pentax K-5.  Pentax are like the Lotus of the camera world :lol:

Fast and Underrated?

Made of plastic and leaky?

:lol:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Is it just me or do reds seem to swamp it and it all becomes a bit blurry.  Is that an effect of the fish eye which I doubt from my SLR & Olympus (Now thee is a Lotus connection) days.  Or are you boosting something in post production? Same in the shots posted over on LEGS. Great to see all the shots but any I might have downloaded of mine aren't sharp if for example you look round the "Alfordring" sticker (On Photobucket)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

1 hour ago, Al. said:

Is it just me or do reds seem to swamp it and it all becomes a bit blurry.  Is that an effect of the fish eye which I doubt from my SLR & Olympus (Now thee is a Lotus connection) days.  Or are you boosting something in post production? Same in the shots posted over on LEGS. Great to see all the shots but any I might have downloaded of mine aren't sharp if for example you look round the "Alfordring" sticker (On Photobucket)

The only post production processing was to resize them to make them more manageable on photobucket.  The originals are much sharper, but they're 10-12mb each.  The ones on facebook will have been compressed by facebooks software.  If there are any particular photos you'd like let me know which ones and I'll pop them on a CD and bring them to the Bo'ness meet on Wednesday.  The basic windows resizing tool I used has made quite some difference to the sharpness, taking the red Evora with the 'Alfordring' as an example;

resized

_IGP2853_zpsif69hi6m.jpg

full resolution original

full%20res_IGP2853_zpsxkdz8mju.jpg

Hi Steve,

A-ha that explains it!  :thumbup: Thanks for the offer but I'm off back to sunny Guyana tomorrow for 4+ weeks so not back in UK until 8th July.  I'll contact you before the July meet at Bo'ness and maybe get some then.  It was only a casual thing as I have some anyway of similar angles. (I've downloaded that one!) 

It is funny how your file reduction software has made all colours more intense.  Whatever I do on a Mac when exporting doesn't do that.

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM
On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 16:57, Alfa2Evora said:

Different people.

HK Fever is, as his name suggests, in Hong Kong - CK Lim is in Kajang, Malaysia.

I don't want to disclose too much at this stage, but I'm discussing with the latter the possibility of getting some of his products to the UK/Europe.

Watch for further info in due course, :).

I haven't forgotten, just in case some of you are wondering.

A combination of my family bereavement, CK being away from his factory all last week and the difference in the time zones have all contributed to slowing the negotiation process but I can say that things are moving along and there should be news in the not too distant future.

Alfa I am watching with interest as I really love this GTC front bumper they do.  It looks great (to me) on this white car, would look awesome on my red one! I love the integrated carbon look and the DRL's too.

GTC front bumper.jpeg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKH I think I like it, but the issue is if you go that radical with the front you'd really need to do something pretty epic to the back, from the pics I could find all they've done to the rear of the car is add a replica 400 spoiler and it looks wrong with the S1 rear. I think the shows the front slightly better though -

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Agreed, but then if I reverse it in the garage all I see is the front!  See man logic working there.... ;)  I do really like how it sharpens up the front though. I really do like it......  in case you haven't guessed that yet.

We need a good rear end of the S1 Evora - a new diffuser arrangement would probably do it but not seen anything good out there short of the Mansory GTE back end and that is thousands and thousands....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oh yes!

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I love the front end, although it does look almost lawsuit-baitingly McLaren. Rear end I am not keen on. Something just looks very wrong about their "400" spoiler.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Iagree re the 400 rear spoiler @JayEmm and would not tolerate that. I disagree @Stuno1 re putting it out of whack, from the side shot it elongates it nicely - looks like a great GT which is what the Evora is. I already have the barge boards so that would all go nice. I guess the only other thing that you could add, would be the GTE wing. The Mansory GTE re bumber / clam is just prohibitive.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I'm sure Ferrari probably have a couple of moulds around that will make a nice Evora bumper ;)

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)

With you Colin - the black bits (top of dash, door card tops etc.) are all black leather, pretty sure about that - apart from the dash surround for the ICE etc.

It could be much worse. It could be a merc, audi, bmw or pork with the fake leather as opposed to the real stuff.

The small print.

And having them carpeted makes perfect sense to me!

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I'm not sure if the very top/back of the dash is leather but it looks like it.

I haven't actually yet seen a 400 without either the Leather or Alcantara pack in them. 

Sitting back/back with @Stuno1's SR and mine the biggest difference is the feeling of space. The S1 feels pretty cramped inside, the 400 is hardly cavernous but feels much more generous than before.

I think the amount of leather/alcantara inside is extremely good considering the stinginess some of their rivals had. The R8 was particularly bad - acres of leather-effect plastic in front of you, presumably unless you chucked them another five grand to slaughter an extra bull for you.

James Martin (JayEmm)