Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 123 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

11 hours ago, windymiller said:

and thats made you unhappy lol ??? 🤔

No it was meant to make you lot unhappy! :)

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It's great Andy. Sitting outside, still in daylight with a Belhaven special at 11,45 pm.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Finishing my shift at 4 this morning and having to find something to scrape the ice off the windscreen before I could head home, :o. 1 degree C - you're 'avin' a larf!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Looking at my VX in the garage!  I've ripped all the interior out (if I ever meet the guy from Lotus who decided to put that bolt where he did for the front passenger seat I swear I will rant at him for hours!  45 minutes and umpteen tools to get ONE FRIGGIN' BOLT out.  It must have been a guy who designed it, because no woman is that bloody stupid!

However, all the interior trim (door pads, door outer and inner cards, gearbox shroud, cup holder (my vx has cupholder where my Evora has none - 20 years or progress I guess), both seats, and steering column upper and lower shroud and instrument binnacle) is out and at the Trimmers.

I hope my next post on this topic will be in the "what made you happy" thread but I'll be buggered if that front pax seat bolt is going back in!!!

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

(if I ever meet the guy from Lotus who decided to put that bolt where he did for the front passenger seat I swear I will rant at him for hours!  45 minutes and umpteen tools to get ONE FRIGGIN' BOLT out. 

:hrhr:

I remember THAT bolt very well.😂😂

There is a knack to getting it out & back in again, but unfortunately I can’t remember what it is 🤔

• Like 1

The knack is to never bother putting it back in lol!

The small print.

Bet they never spot that a bolt that is fully hidden by the seat that is fixed (not on a runner) to the car is not there.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

1) Cut bolt as required into two pieces.

2) Remove part of bolt that would be in a nut/rivnut etc.

3) Mix 1 part Part A to 1 part Part B of 5 minute araldite.

4) Glue bolt head and bolt shank into place.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

That's as bad as a mate's father. Many years ago the old Volvo had a bit of rust, but it was proving difficult to get to where the metal was good. Cut patch, melt edges using gas torch, epoxy in place and cover in underseal.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Over 2 hours on the telephone doing an interview with the police for what will either be a court case for dangerous driving or for the coroner to consider cause of death.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Only here once

vivaro went in for a new front wheel bearing and tyre, 3 hours later the abs ring had somehow got trashed and the whole process needs repeating with a new wheel bearing kit so lotus in one garage van in another !! 😒

• Gold FFM
On 22/06/2021 at 17:05, C8RKH said:

................ if I ever meet the guy from Lotus who decided to put that bolt where he did for the front passenger seat I swear I will rant at him for hours! 

In your search for this guy, if you ever come across his colleague in the Evora production process who decided that using mild steel fixings in all the exposed areas was a good idea, please point him in my direction, :realmad:.

Despite almost 2 entire cans of high-quality penetrating oil being used to soak them beforehand, virtually every bolt in the front clam/bumper/A-panels/undertray assembly either sheared-off or had to be cut out as the 'captive' part had ceased to be captive and the whole lot was just spinning around uselessly, :censored:. I've spent days drilling out umpteen knackered blind nuts and replacing them with stainless alternatives which is especially fun on the ones bonded into the clam itself - one slip and the outer surface of the panel has some extra ventilation, :o.

• Sad 2

Some very nice cherry bushes arrived today, only a few days after ordering. Why in the Unhappy thread? Because the flipping order was cancelled several days before they decided to despatch them. 

• Gold FFM

Dobbies have been simply crap this year with dispatch times and orders.

we’ve had two or three that have been dragging on and we’ve emailed to cancel - within a week of that the orders arrive 😡 followed by a customer service email saying goods have been delivered. Never ever again will I use them.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Unhappy today. Yep. Each page I look at on classified's getting flooded on TLF with loads of adverts all tied into items I have looked at online over the last couple of weeks.

:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are being watched John. The government has secret systems. Machines that spy on the systems that spy on you every hour of every day.

There is hope, because they are not better than a wife at tracking down and spotting those "man purchases" - a new part for your Lotus. A small little tool. A piece of trim.....
  • Like 1

The small print.

18 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

IDespite almost 2 entire cans of high-quality penetrating oil being used to soak them beforehand, virtually every bolt in the front clam/bumper/A-panels/undertray assembly either sheared-off or had to be cut out as the 'captive' part had ceased to be captive and the whole lot was just spinning around uselessly, :censored:. I've spent days drilling out umpteen knackered blind nuts and replacing them with stainless alternatives which is especially fun on the ones bonded into the clam itself - one slip and the outer surface of the panel has some extra ventilation, :o.

He has been working there a long time, ask any esprit owner who has had to remove the front bumper, under tray etc.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

How much?!?!

As part of my ongoing Evora refurbishment, I've been replacing all the rusted-solid fixings that I can get to with stainless alternatives. Towards the front of the front undertray, there are a couple of small 'rubbing blocks', there to take the initial hit of the likes of a speed-hump rather than scraping the sheet alloy of the undertray itself. They were both looking somewhat 'second-hand' so an order for a couple of replacements seemed like the logical next step.

Up comes the relevant page on DeRoure - there they are - £37.80 each, plus P&P and VAT so knocking on 100 quid by the time they're here. For a couple of tiny chunks of machined alloy? Yer 'avin' a larf! :angry:.

Needless to say the old ones are back on, albeit with nice shiny new stainless bolts and rivnuts, :rolleyes:.

859492936_DavidMobile260621003.thumb.JPG.6e7955d32aff3ba2b7e9692f127a9bfe.JPG

• Sad 1