Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 32 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Well I doubt I'd donate my piss to put him out if he was on fire!

A complete and utter disgrace who deleted his post "when he realised its potential to cause offence" - really, he did not understand that from the start?

I feel so sorry for Jo's family that at this very sad time they have to put up with this nonsense when we should all be united against this senseless and unwarranted and unprovoked and shameful attack.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

48 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

He's only a councillor - not an mp - I'm sure that makes kicking him out easier ??

Oops misread it, well I hope it does mean it's easier, although since he'll be more accessible he may struggle to get out of his door for dog feces having been posted through it, and so struggle to get to a meeting to resign.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Taking full advantage of our one day of sun up here, I decided to tackle our beech hedge which was rapidly taking on the proportions of a row of triffids.

My new trimmer was making short work of it and I reckoned I'd have the full 40mtr length done in no time, that was right up until I discovered that some cretin had 'buried' a piece of fencing wire in the hedge. Or, more correctly, right up until the blades of the trimmer discovered the piece of wire. The machine kicked back violently but was undamaged - my right thigh prevented the blades from striking the ground, :ouch: .

The flow of red vital fluids down my leg and into my shoe suggested to me that perhaps I should seek professional help. 2 hours in A&E, a tetanus shot in the rump and several stitches later, I'm home again. This has not been the best day, and to make matters worse the doc said that as I've taken a big bite out of the muscle tissue I'll more than likely be left with a 'dent' in my leg and may never be able to wear a mini-skirt again! :rolleyes:

Bloody 'ell David, it was only last year you had knackered your foot too! I'm starting to wonder if I should get advanced notice of your lorry driving routes so I can stay away from those roads!

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery

3 minutes ago, mayesprit said:

29' in car and no air-con ☀️

Hopefully in the Elan so you can just throw back the hood!

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Taking full advantage of our one day of sun up here, I decided to tackle our beech hedge which was rapidly taking on the proportions of a row of triffids.

My new trimmer was making short work of it and I reckoned I'd have the full 40mtr length done in no time, that was right up until I discovered that some cretin had 'buried' a piece of fencing wire in the hedge. Or, more correctly, right up until the blades of the trimmer discovered the piece of wire. The machine kicked back violently but was undamaged - my right thigh prevented the blades from striking the ground, :ouch: .

The flow of red vital fluids down my leg and into my shoe suggested to me that perhaps I should seek professional help. 2 hours in A&E, a tetanus shot in the rump and several stitches later, I'm home again. This has not been the best day, and to make matters worse the doc said that as I've taken a big bite out of the muscle tissue I'll more than likely be left with a 'dent' in my leg and may never be able to wear a mini-skirt again! :rolleyes:

I feel your pain David - quite literally, having managed an almost identical hedge trimming mishap a couple of years ago. They don't heal too neat - especially when you give up waiting in A&E, and decide to go to bed with a bit of a bandage on your leg only to wake up in the early hours with the situation in need of re-assessment! Apparently such wounds are best sutured quite quickly. You live and learn, and I now have a LOT of respect for that piece of machinery.

I tell people it was a shark bite!

Good luck, and heal well....

• Gold FFM

Ouch, almost did the same a few years back with a  Copper Beach hedge. My saving grace is the saw had a clutch which slipped when caught on my coveralls and it being wintertime I was wearing a quilted set. Big lesson learned though. Hope you heel up well.

I prefer a well manicured bush ?

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Well that's it. She's gone to her new home. pissed off, yes. Now realising I will never get another like her.

IMAG0126.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

An insurance renewal notice, that's what made me decidedly unhappy today, :rant:.

£1767, oh and let's not forget 48 pence! "Jeez," I hear you cry, "we know your Evora has got a few mods but that's a bit OTT to say the least."

Well, that quote isn't for the Lotus, nor is it for our slightly less-modified Alfa or the old MG. It's not for a multi-car policy for all 3 either. It's not even for all the cars, the insured warranty cover on the Alfa, and the house and its contents combined.

No, that eye-watering request for payment is for my 2 DOGS!!!!!! :censored: 

3 years ago it was around £600 which was bad enough, then it jumped up to £800ish the following year after 'my boy' required surgery following an attack by a stray (the only claim we've ever made in 40+ years of dog ownership) and last year it nudged up towards the £1k mark. Now that he's over 10 (and the female will be too in a couple of months) it's well-nigh impossible to take out a new policy with anybody else and so my insurer has clearly gone "Kerching, we've got you now by the proverbials". What makes it even more unpalatable is that because of his age, the cover is reduced too - they will no longer pay out anything should he shuffle off this mortal coil, the payout per ailment is halved, and the excess has gone up from £50 to £180 per dog.

I know they're in it to make a profit but...................... money grabbing bar stewards.

Grass is grazing for animals and animals are our food.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Grass is grazing for animals and animals are our food.

¿Cómo?

When my dogs graze on grass, it usually signals an impending 'technicolour yawn', :( , and I certainly haven't been dining in any Korean establishments of late, :cry: .

• Like 1

While my cars are insured, some people self insure my putting what would be their premiums into a savings account and using that if required. Depends on your attitude to the risk but for me personally, I'd be quids if I'd done that over 15 years of cat ownership since they've only been to the vets a couple of times.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Until the last couple of years, the premiums have always been reasonable-ish, at least when considering the 3rd party liability that's included in the cover.

I've thought of the self-insure route a few times, especially as that one and only time we did make a claim I had to settle the £2k+ bill first then wait for the insurance to reimburse me, but then I conjure up that image of one of them slipping their lead and dashing into the road just as the local LaFerrari owner is driving past, causing him to swerve into the parked Veyron opposite, :rolleyes:.

• Gold FFM

Normally your house insurance covers that slipped lead dog.......

my boy was run over last year - a really stressful time - and an emergency speed rush to the vets.........

vets rung me to say ultrasound needed, scans and possible an operation - do I wish to proceed - just get on with fixing him please and quickly was my response.

ive never had pet insurance - and when getting to the vet to collect my friend, Woolly dog, got presented with the bill. They had removed his spleen and fixed him good - drugs, scans, antibiotics, etc etc etc follow up stitch removal - the bill - £420 ish !!! I was expecting more - the key is to get a good vet and always ensure you have some rainy day money for the unexpected.

he was 4 at the time - 48*£30 means I'm still up on the whole thing - and even if the bill had been many times what it was - I was still thankful he come home wagging his tail 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

..............even if the bill had been many times what it was - I was still thankful he come home wagging his tail 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbup:

Our vet is brilliant I have to say but of course, typically, when our boy got his throat ripped open it was on a Saturday late on in the evening. The vet turned out to his surgery, but the damage was so extensive he referred us straight to the veterinary hospital. Like you, I didn't care what it cost, just so long as he pulled through.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

While my cars are insured, some people self insure my putting what would be their premiums into a savings account and using that if required. Depends on your attitude to the risk but for me personally, I'd be quids if I'd done that over 15 years of cat ownership since they've only been to the vets a couple of times.

I decided my health care wasn't good VFM, I was unhappy with the physio treatment so was paying the premiums and for private chiropracty, and ditched the health cover. c9 months later my spine damaged itself and I've just paid out c £9k for the operation as the NHS wasn't going to get me anywhere in a reasonable time (see Consultant for first time approx 5 1/2 months after injury). The money I saved by not having the cover, pretty much equated to the MRI, the other consultations and surgery etc are all in excess of any savings I could have made over 25 years at current rates.