Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So I bought an Android phone today... - Page 5 - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So I bought an Android phone today...

Jonathan

This is the new Galaxy Note, noted for it's super OLED display and that you can use a stylus, nice! What is strange though is Android users obsession with the weather! A full third of this screen is the inaccurate 5 day forecast, does anyone really care that much?

samsung_galaxy_note_hands-on_sg_11-580x481.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Does it come with a 2 wheel trolley to move it around? :hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

So sorta 'like Go Go Gadget Trolley!'

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It's bleedin' uuuuuuuuuuge, You'd know if you sat down with that in your pocket. :shock:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Selected quotes from PC World: (my "bold")

"Best described as either an extra large smartphone or a small tablet — or a hybrid device to sit in between — the Samsung Galaxy Note has a 5.3in screen and includes a stylus called the "S Pen" that allows users to take notes, draw onto the screen and annotate images and PDF files."

"Samsung officially announced today that the Galaxy Note would be released in the UK on 17 November, but has not confirmed if or when it would be sold in the US."

"Essentially, Samsung is marketing the Galaxy Note as an all-in-one device. The official Galaxy Note micro site says the Android smartphone intends to 'consolidate the core tasks of multiple devices' including the smartphone, the tablet and a physical pen and paper."

" 'There is an emerging desire for a primary device for on-the-go use that could consolidate the core tasks of multiple devices as well as recreate the ease and simplicity of using a pen and paper,' the site reads. 'The Galaxy Note is a primary device that will minimise the need to switch to other devices while on the go and open up the potential of your mobile experience.' "

"The Samsung Galaxy Note is powered by a dual-core, 1.4GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor, has 1GB of RAM and will come in 16GB or 32 GB models. There's also a microSD card slot for extra memory, an 8-megapixel camera that records HD 1080p video at 30 fps and a 2-megapixel front facing camera for video calls."

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Androids have always been obsessed about the weather, as rainfall, fog, and high humidity wreaks havoc with our joints. :robo:

• 2 months later...

Just got the HTC EVO 3D yesterday. I had the EVO 4G, but then Sprint had the upgrade to the EVO 3D for $49, and I wanted the dual core processor (~4x faster than the EVO 4G), better graphics processor (~5x faster), gyroscope, and the ability to use Android 4.0+ when it is available since the EVO 4G isn't going to get it.

So far it is much faster and smoother scrolling. The screen is a bit dimmer due to the polarizer for the 3D feature. It does 3D without glasses, and has 2 cameras for 3D photos and video...

evo2b.jpg

It's running Android 2.3.4, which is similar to the 2.3.3 that my EVO 4G was running, though it has HTC's Sense 3.0, which is much nicer than the older Sense 1.0 on the 4G.

So far pretty happy.

I also looked at the Samsung Galaxy S II, though that was $299 and the Samsung menus, options, and customization drove me nuts. Screen seemed really dim, even on the brightest setting too!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 months later...

huawei-ideos-1.jpg

Well I finally got around to it. A huawei 8510, Android 2.2, WiFi, blah, blah, etc.

For what is a very cheap phone aud $ 89.00, no plan, unencumbered, it's quite small, it's light, but for me the major benefit is wifi, already installed skype.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I just got Android 4.0.3 on my Asus Transformer tablet! Will try it out.

I really like that Transformer, problem is, over here, I've taken Asus to court twice over warranty, (won both times) but it left a bad taste.

I'm waiting for a competitor to produce one because they have great functionality, fabulous for travel.

Just recieved my new Samsung Galaxy Nexus 2 weeks ago!

galaxy-nexus1.jpg

The good things about Nexus Phones are that they are the cutting edge of Android phones and runs Andoid 4.0.3 Also called Ice Cream Sandwich!

Since it is build for Google by Samsung, it doesn't have all the fancy stuff the manufacturers put on them, the like HTC Sence and special applications.

This phone have a 4,65 inch screen and is very fast!

Edited by Kim.Poulsen

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

How can I stream mp3 from my phone (Android) to my bluetooth headset, do I need an apt ?

I've been fooling with this and just cannot get it to work.

Car hands free works fine over bluetooth, and I can listen to music on my (provided, wired headset) but cannot stream to my bluetooth headset.

423010008_170.jpg

*180 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery

*Version 2.0 Bluetooth wireless technology for better call quality, less interference and faster connections

*Class 2 Bluetooth wireless technology range up to 10 m (33 ft)

*Mini USB connector for charging

Specifications:

*Chipset: CSR/BC352239A

*Bluetooth version: Version2.0/Class2

*Operating Distance: 10 Meters

*Range of Frequency: 2.4GHz-2.4835GHz ISM Band

*Operating Rang: Up to 10 Meters

*Typical Talk Time: 8 hours

*Typical Standby Time: 160 hours

*Rx sensitivity < -80 dBm (PER 1 %)

*Rechargeable Li battery: 160MAH

*Compatible with various Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones, PDAs and Laptops.

*Product color: Black+red

*Weight: 1.14 oz

*Dimension: 126 mm x 130 mm x 48 m

That's them, seems to have everything, I tried downloading A2DP to the phone, but since bluetooth works in the car I was not hopeful, still a problem.

Your phone has A2DP (It's an encoding technology written onto the bluetooth chip, not an app) as it can stream music to your A2DP equipped car stereo. Your headphones don't so are not compatible, they simply can't decode the A2DP encoded signal being sent from the phone whereas your car stereo can.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

This Huawei (Android phone) thing is continuing to impress me. A few years ago I messed around with "Dragon Naturally Speaking", dictation software, disguarded it as a resources hungry, inaccurate pain in the butt.

This cheap Chinese phone has dictation and voice command, "yer right" you think, but it works, tell it to go to Lotus forums, and off it goes, but the thing I really love is no longer needing a Miniature keyboard, I can dictate my text message, so far without error !

OK so it seems to have trouble with the cat's name, but there again so do most people, it's Nuvolari,

"Chief, my A2DP app has gone tits up, and my bluetooth link has tartar buildup all over it. The only strong signals I'm getting are from someone named Google."

dick-tracy-watch.jpg