Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex 007 - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex 007

esprit22

yes

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Standard practise on ebay as a get out clause if it all goes wrong. Bottle or not, if the guy thinks the car is worth £16k he'd be silly to let it go for £8k on ebay, that would just be foolish.

A better idea is to set a reserve but I understand that costs more to list and doesn't generate as much interest as people tire of bidding and bidding over 7/10 days and ending up with 'reserve not met' still as it was £15,995!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I have always sold my Esprits on ebay, normally the real bidding only starts in the last 60 secs so you need to hold your nerve, I believe I have always got a fair price and agree with the no reserve comment as it is a pain if you are a genuine bidder. Only other drawback with ebay is peoples friends bidding items up only to see them listed again minutes after finishing because no one put in a final bid.

Do or do not, there is no try! 

From reading the advert, the owner wants at least £16K+ So I really dont understand why he didnt start it at that.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

a RHD Elan or Seven yeah, but wouldn't want to try to drive a RHD Esprit on windy roads in the US and expect to pass without some nail biting and thinking about what you'll face after you get out there riding behind at bumper height to the truck in front of you.

;-P

Edited by comem47

Because people are like sheep...if it was £16k and I was going to bid I would have to be sure of its value. If it has been bid up with lots of bid to say £15,500.00 If I were then to bid £16,000.00 I know if I were to win I would have only paid possibly £500.00 over the odds. Other bids gives people the confidence of its value. I always list my items with a 99p start and let people bid them up to their true value....as said above all happens in the last 60seconds.

Buddsy

Yes but completly stupid when the ad states that it is advertised elsewhere, and states its valued at 20K but looking for 16K i.e it will be pulled if it dosn't hit the £16K

Amateurs built the Ark

He may be asking £16K for it else where but its still not sold...

... Maybe we should all have a bet?

Staggering how long this thread has gone on!

:)

But a fair point made there, maybe all you guys SHOULD have a bet. For example:

£16,000 asking price

If the people that have viewed this thread 2682 times gave £5 a view then that would be enough to buy the car.

If the 117 people interested enough to actually post on this thread gave £140 a post then that would also buy the car.

This of course gets cheaper if you can run the thread to, say, twenty pages, and get some different people on it.

But you could in theory all do it.

:D

Just my 2p (or £140!)

:)

If we all paid 2p per post to the pot Paul we would need 8000 posts, so 7760 posts to go if the previous cough up :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

The expired advert states it's going to Coys on 2nd October with a reserve of.......£20k!!

Seeing as how it's been for sale for so long, I can't help thinking the market has already spoken. Ahh well, let's hope it sells for a price that's satisfactory for both buyer and seller - mainly so we can draw a line under this whole subject.

Just to put things straight

First time on ebay ( a few weeks ago) it was bid up to £12600 and as Buddsy says, it didn't make the reserve so didn't sell.

It was then readvertised on ebay with no reserve but "advertised elsehwere so might be withdrawn"

The list was due to end tomorrow night and bidding last night was up to £8k. The owner however amended the advert a few days ago asking for cash offers in excess of £12k. The ebay advert went on to say that if he didn't get any he would withdraw it and put it into the Coys auction at Ascot where he was advised "that it should make £15-£20k". He said that if he went down that route he would look at a reserve of £15k.

The ebay advert now appears to have withdrawn.

I don't think that you can draw any conclusions about the value of Essex cars simply from what has happened here. As ever the price that somebody is prepared to pay will be a reflection on the condition that the car is in.

If it is sold let's hope the new owner enjoys it and says hello on here.

I'd say it's always an overestimate. No-one would undervalue their car for insurance purposes and every enjoys their P&J being flattered by a big agreed insurance number. As we've recently discussed, it's of no value in real terms in case of a claim, just bumps up your premium.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I thought it was different with agreed valuations, if it is agreed that a car is worth say £14000 with photos to verify, then it is a no quibble pay out at that value if the car is a total loss..

not the same with ones daily driver insured with the likes of Swinton etc.