Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gemini car alarm Original? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gemini car alarm Original?

I have a Gemini car alarm installed on my car, were these factory fitted? as I have been told they were but the installation looks a bit home brew,

Are they any good? as I need to get it sorted or fit new as it used to do the doors etc.

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine being a similar vintage (1988) has a Cobra alarm, which I don't believe is original, or hope it's not due to some substandard wiring.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thanks Roger,

I think mine is an after market fit as the wireing is teriable

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 1 year later...

Reviving this topic,

As the car is not starting and I think its to do with a dodgy wire/imobiliser, I'm just getting a click. Whilst I'm about it i'm going to strip the gemini alarm out and refit it properly, as said are these a factory fitted alarm? I have the wireing diagram for the alarm. the installation at the moment is truly bad.

Has anyone else got this alarm fitted?

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

as said are these a factory fitted alarm?

I owned an '89 Turbo & a '95 S4s which had no alarms fitted, also there was no alarm mentioned in the Service Notes & nothing in the wiring diagrams & I've never heard of factory fitted alarms before the V8.

Cheers,

John W

Thanks John,

I have a feeling it's an after market, the bodged wireing is a delight, the reason I would not mind keeping it, is that it allows me to open both doors via the keyfob remote.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

My s4 has an immobiliser fitted ( old.school push the fob into it to disarm) and alarm motion sensors in the roof lining. The sensors and alarm active light are all.built into the.lining and my hand book does mention the alarm....its a late 94 revised model...

My S2.2 (1980) had a Gemini 3024 and 1031 installed when I purchased it.

I dont think this was factory installed.

I stripped it out and made the wiring original again.

If someone has the wiring diagram of these gemini modules, I would be happy to receive it, because I didnt find anything on the internet.

Geert

Edited by gvy

Mine is a Gemini 1160, I found the wireing instructions on the web

Amateurs built the Ark

I owned an '89 Turbo & a '95 S4s which had no alarms fitted, also there was no alarm mentioned in the Service Notes & nothing in the wiring diagrams & I've never heard of factory fitted alarms before the V8.

My 95MY S4s has a factory alarm / immobilisor fitted, not sure what make it is but it is armed when locking the door ( no fob ) it has interior sensors & is connected ( I think ) to the boot & bonnet.

I recently ( with help of a friend who is an approved installer ) fitted a Thatcham Sterling One alarm. Mainly so I have the convenience of being able to lock the car by use of a fob rather than the key but also as people have said, technology has moved on since the original was designed ( rolling codes etc )

I have left the original alarm in though.

Phil.

I really want it so I can use the remote closing, It worked before, just had wires all over the place if it is no good i'll get a new one.

It's also finding someone who will install correctly into an old car, they all want to just plug into looms etc.

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Interestingly my S4 has factory installed alarm that also has locking and unlocking button built into the Vauxhall key. Made it a PITA when Bibs did me a huge favour and sorted replacement keys for me. I had to cut and shape the end of the new keys to install into the fob.

Chris,

Was that a one-off or something? That's the first I've ever heard of anything before a V8 having remote lock/unlock from the factory...

1995 S4s

• Gold FFM

Jim,

I am not sure. I assumed that all the cars had it. As it is discussed in my manual as well...

Here is what the key looks like...

post-4361-0-21918500-1337570122.jpg

I assume then that your S4 did not have the same thing? I do not have the revised harness but rather one of the early S4's built Oct 93

If I remember correctly, my handbook talkes about the button on my key being a light...to see the keyhole with?! Although I have the factory alarm imob, I dont have a remote function...that a know of. It could be that the remote fob has been lost in the past, but both keys look.to be original and correct.one with the button and light diode, the other just plain, each havibg a seperate imob fob.

Oh and mines the revised harness, December 94 build..

Nope, I've had 2 S4s's and one S4 and none had a key fob door opener. I did have the lighted key with one of them. All were revised harness cars.

I think yours is pretty rare, first I've ever heard of it after being around the forums for many years...Has anyone else ever seen one?

Edited by lotus4s

1995 S4s

I think yours is pretty rare, first I've ever heard of it after being around the forums for many years...Has anyone else ever seen one?

Not me, as I said earlier in the post My '95 S4s didn't & there was no mention in the Service Notes or wiring diagrams.

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM

I was going to investigate the system installed in the car in more detail today. Unfortunately I now instead have to get on the road. I will look at it next week upon my return.

Ironically when I install the ISIS Power system in my car it will then be coupled with an Advanced Keys system and I will have removed the original factory system.

( Chris by no means did I mean to hijack your thread ) Rather interesting to learn the different alarm systems throughout the years.