Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oxygen Sensor needed; Cross reference? - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oxygen Sensor needed; Cross reference?

99% of O2 senders are generic things, jsut pick one with the same number of wires, they come in 1,2,3 or 4 wire versions. Lop off the plug and stick a new sensor on. :whistle:

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

IMHO, not a good idea. Aftermarket O2 sensors don't seem to work well on the Lotus. There are quite a few threads on this subject, do a search.

The 4 cyl and V8 use the same O2 sensor and it is very difficult to find an aftermarket one to work on the 4. I don't know about the V8 but I suspect it would be a similar issue.

Paging Mike S.....

1995 S4s

• Gold FFM

a wile ago, I've just posted an reference list in the reference section .. with all my findings and what is different on those 'nearly similar' types.

In the end I just used the Lada110 type [from Bosch ]..it does have the right male/female connector variant that you need (in case that you not want to resolder the wiring) ..other types are also documented. The only thing that is not longer 'online' is the pictures for all those numbers, but you can google them in *google pictures* to see what I meant about everyone specifically (Covers, slots in coversn connectors, heated/unheated, and so on.. )

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Part number: A918E0322F

Expensive (circa £100) , but it will work straight out of the box and for much longer than non-genuine.

Either you local main dealer or any of the other usual suspects should be able to supply.

• Gold FFM

:welcome: how does your wiring look like ?!

:whistle:post-1463-049348200 1282343978.jpg

0 258 006 537 ..it's available in an range between 80Euros and up to 130Euros or so , depending on source.. .

100GBP would be 122.25Euros for me -plus additional post service. Local parts store does have an asking price of 117.99Euros for the Bosch part. Some internet dealers do it even cheaper (in the less than 100Euros range)

But if you're a local in UK -go for factory replacements .

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 4 months later...

I think the problem with several cases of aftermarket 02 sensors may be the fact a 4 wire o2 sensor comes in several un-detectable differences.

1 - Four wire sensor with 12 watt heater, grounded case and

special protection tube.

2- Four wire sensor with 18 watt heater and grounded case.

3- Four wire sensor with 18 watt heater and ground isolated

case.

4- Four wire sensor with 12 watt heater and grounded case.

5- Four wire sensor with 12 watt heater and ground isolated

case.

6- Four wire “Planar” construction sensor.

The V8 Esprit needs a Four wire sensor with a 12 watt heater isolated ground ( number 5 ). Anything else will blow fuses or not send the correct signal resulting in running issues. I tried several of the above to just to see what happens. I have been running o2 sensors off of a jeep spliced into my original 02 sensor connectors Bosch# 0258005704 ( 15704 at autozone ) or ( Universal# 0 258 986 507 ). No blown fuses. Idles fine, runs great. I also believe some of our 02 sensors have reduced life since they are directly below the rad fill tank. Radiator fluid is not good to these, seapage through the exhaust threads and wires could cause them to become "sluggish". Becareful not to spill onto them and the exahust.

Get a bosh crossover manual and use 12watt isolated ground sensors. The Lada ones do not show .....they are mysteriously absent

Part number: A918E0322F

The lotus # is A910E6934F..

:huh:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hi

I recently ( this week ) purchased a sensor for my 02 V8 from SJ Sportscars . The cost was £47.00 +vat

It comes with the correct plug and when fitted worked correctly.

Regards

Chris

• 3 months later...

I think the problem with several cases of aftermarket 02 sensors may be the fact a 4 wire o2 sensor comes in several un-detectable differences.

1 - Four wire sensor with 12 watt heater, grounded case and

special protection tube.

2- Four wire sensor with 18 watt heater and grounded case.

3- Four wire sensor with 18 watt heater and ground isolated

case.

4- Four wire sensor with 12 watt heater and grounded case.

5- Four wire sensor with 12 watt heater and ground isolated

case.

6- Four wire “Planar” construction sensor.

The V8 Esprit needs a Four wire sensor with a 12 watt heater isolated ground ( number 5 ). Anything else will blow fuses or not send the correct signal resulting in running issues. I tried several of the above to just to see what happens. I have been running o2 sensors off of a jeep spliced into my original 02 sensor connectors Bosch# 0258005704 ( 15704 at autozone ) or ( Universal# 0 258 986 507 ). No blown fuses. Idles fine, runs great. I also believe some of our 02 sensors have reduced life since they are directly below the rad fill tank. Radiator fluid is not good to these, seapage through the exhaust threads and wires could cause them to become "sluggish". Becareful not to spill onto them and the exahust.

Get a bosh crossover manual and use 12watt isolated ground sensors. The Lada ones do not show .....they are mysteriously absent

Ray,

You PM mail box is full

How did you wire it up?

The Lotus O2 sensor has the two identical pink wires on diagonal pins, and the BOSCH has the two heater wires (white) in a row. The connectors look similar, but the BOSCH is deeper, do they connect?

Did you splice or de-pin?

Thanks

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Ok looked at the BOSCH 15704, but the plug is wrong and the wiring is not correct, you'd have to splice on the old connector.

Then my friends told me about the BOSCH 13030 It is perfect. The wiring orientation and connector are correct for my 89SE, and apparently the Esprit V8 uses the same.

BOSCH%2013030%20O2%20sensor.jpg

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

No not yet, I've been working on my brakes every day until 1 am...

And the front wheels are off the ground due to brake fit checks, ball joint replacement, and JRZ suspension...

WIll post back here as soon as I get freescan data to compare.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

The BOSCH 13030 O2 sensor plugged right in, had the correct harness length too.

The car immediately idled and sounded much smoother. It revs smoother. It pulls away from stops smoother.

My previous sensor was probably damaged by coolant from a leaking intercooler or just the 22 years since it was made..

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

Looks like it's time to change mine. Looking for a Bosch 13030, I found this from a well-known on-line supplier in France. It looks like the right fitting, but 2nd opinions would be appreciated.

http://www.oscaro.com/sonde-lambda-bosch-f-00h-l00-036-1103042-485-p

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

Is there any other reference mentionned with your sensor other than Bosch 13030. That Bosch code is kind of unknown this side of the Atlantic...

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s