Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SAVE THE ESPRIT VARI MOULDS - HELP REQUIRED! - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SAVE THE ESPRIT VARI MOULDS - HELP REQUIRED!

Bibs

S&J have got less space than we have...last time I was there they were pretty full, and I don't think they'd have anywhere to put the moulds....I think they buy-in their pattern parts and, judging by the rear spoiler and bumper I got from them a few years back, the quality isn't of the best. I shall probably end up repairing the old ones!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

They're 125 miles away unfortunately.

We, as a group of owners and enthusiasts have been offered these contraptions in order to save them from a skip. Giving them to a business like SJs would be akin to giving your first born to the Pharaoh for his day nursery. Those who know me know I have no time for SJ Sportscars and why we would want to bequeath what would become a profit making machine to those who don't give a stuff about customer care I don't know!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm planning on heading up to Lotus on Friday to scope the job we've set ourselves up for and will update after that :)

If you want/need some company I have a huge space in my diary Bibs.

Dave.

I might be around to help out if you like and can meet up in kent for Recce journey to Norfolkif you need some company and help, also please let me know if we need any more donations or man help, if so i'm in (sorry got to this thread late)

Russ

I will try and help out as well,

Do you want me to ask around the local farms as I live in a rural location and know some of the farmers to see if I can get us storage?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Bibs,

As per our convo, my boss has said he can adjust my holiday so I will be free to drive said Truck. My licence is up to 80 Tonnes rigid and Tractor Unit so no probs there. Just let me know mate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Have there been any updates on this so far ? I am certain the logistics are quite fun. Similar to me making sure all my equipment has arrived to the site before myself.

There's a good chance they're on their way to Belgium, to the garage a friend who owns an Esprit or two and a collection of Lotus F1 cars! Just waiting an email confirming the logistics.

It's not a pretty sight but we've had an expert in these things check them out and the inner (important) surfaces are in good condition. First pic is the bonding jig for joining the 2 halves, last are the drilling jigs. They will be emptied of water, someone stole their tarp!

post-1-006934300 1288264905.jpg

post-1-065340900 1288264910.jpg

post-1-040388800 1288264916.jpg

• Love 1

WTF... that bin is labelled "keep"....

If there is a bin labeled "get rid of", can someone please just stick a shipping label with my address on it??... Ill sort it all out once it gets here haha.

Seriously though, considering they were just gonna trash these moulds, there has gotta be some pretty valuable stuff (for a select crowd) getting pitched....

• Gold FFM

Bibs,

Thanks for the update. I was just curious. Reference to them being filled with water....I have an extra drive system for a SwimEx in my one garage....dual purpose...lol

Thanks for all of your efforts in saving them from the scrappers. I take it from a quick glance that the jig is one piece rather than modular? Maybe Simon should have had the Christmas party where they are being shipped to in order to have everyone help off load.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi All,

Just reading this thread for the first time. Great work I must say!

Did we ever have a similar success with the Giugiaro moulds?

'A pound of rubber is worth a Ton of engineering.'- Jim Endruweit quoting Colin Chapman.

• 4 years later...