Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Christmas Party - Page 8 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Christmas Party

Simon350S

Great venue, food and of course company, both Mrs internets and I had a great time, thanks very much Bibs and Laura for taking time to arrange it all :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Megan and I really pis ed of that missed this one. It looks like you all had a great time. Sadley missed seeing you all again.

Early saturday morning, my niece who is living with us so she can go to uni banged on our bedroom door at 5 in the morning suggested we go to her room to watch the water pooring through the ceiling, it was gushing out from the light fitting.

All her bed was wet, the floor and water was pouring down the inside of the window.

We had just decorated as well. So it took all day to clear up. Roofer came on Sunday to try to repair it.

As we have a geogian house the front has a gully and parapit, all made of lead which had torn due to the very low temperatures.

It's now temporary repair but the whole gully needs replacing about 10 to 12 metres of lead that's going to be expensive.

So that buggured up my weekend, sorry to miss the fun. But there is always next year.

Really glad you all had fun, merry Christmas to all.

Dave and Megan

You were missed :(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Very enjoyable evening and thanks to Laura and Bibs for organising. Also enjoyed the ride in the Subaru with Dave - thanks again. Sorry to hear about the problems Dave but presumably insurance may cover the internal damage. We have a flat roof at the back of our house and have water dripping from a light fitment in the bathroom. The depth of the snow was such that when it melted it must have found an entry along the parapit wall. At least I hope so, its not the best weather to go looking for a leak ona flat roof .

Glad everyone had a good time, we've had a non-stop few days and it's been a good laugh.

Sorry a few couldn't make it, hope the Freemans get the rood sorted out, Kevin gets better and the Oogies are Ok... no word from them so I hope nothing to serious caused your absence?

Great night again this year, much appeciation to Laura and Bibs for organising everything! Fantastic turnout, really enjoyed catching up with old faces and meeting new ones (some from far, far, away). Thanks!

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

• Gold FFM

...Grand time at the Christmas party...Great to have a brief time to catch up and have several laughs with friends. Nice to have seen the the ones I had and nice to meet the new ones. Sorry to have missed a few...but I am sure that I will see you soon in my travels.

I have had a wonderful time here for the short bit. Unfortunately work calls and off I go tomorrow. My temporary home has been fantastic...Bibs and Laura have been wonderful hosts...

Grate weekend thanks all :cheers:

Many thanks to Bibs & Laura also Tony who drove from Standsted Airport .

It was also nice to see TLF members from U.S.A

I took some pictures but my camera doesn't work well ....

post-386-0-13527900-1291755224.jpg

post-386-0-36055800-1291755232.jpg

Edited by esp88

Bog - I knew there must be a reason for me to keep up with the forums - sounds like I missed a good do!

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

I've just dropped Tony K and Patty off at Gatwick for their return to the USA. :)

What a great week I've had! Superb party, great turn out guys and lots of fun. Thanks to everyone who made it and made the event a really good laugh and it was super to see some new faces along to. Well done too Alan & Evi on your Esprit purchase and Christopher, I hope the pope wasn't too pissed you were a day late!

I had a little surprise for our cousins from across the pond and took them up to Norfolk on Monday for VIP trips around the factory and Classic, a nice day out and very much enjoyed their company over the past week, and their twinkies and ho-ho's! :D

Tony K, the man is better than the legend! Great to have you as a friend and to meet at last. Really, really good to spend some time with you and Patty and I hope we'll meet again soon. Christopher, lovely to have you over and we very much enjoyed your company as ever. Next time I'm going to take you on a tour of UK pools so you can check out the competition and don't forget to get shopping for that minigun!

Unfortunately, for those who didn't attend, as stated the deposit was non-refundable and I'm now out of pocket for your payments so Dave Freeman and Mr.Oogieboogie please pay me ASAP as stated here

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Great night out and many thanks to Bibs and Laura for organising. I thought the venue and food were even better than last year and it was great to so many people given the weather problems. I did manage to get the Elise back up the steep ramp in the car park with only a little wheel spin it made a fairly easy exit !.

Martyn :welcome:

any more photos? Trevor does not look as happy as his "new wife" in the photo's that are here

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Why do I bother? From Dave Freeman on his payment of the publicly stated non-refundable deposit...

First and last time bibs, i will send the money but i will not be re newing my membership in april. i find your attitude very disappointing, thats all i have to say on this matter.

When that money does arrive from Dave, I'll pop it in a charity box. Unfortunately Dave, as I just said in my reply to you, I find your attitude disappointing and any future participation in events that I organise will require full payment up front if I'm going to have to struggle to get monies owed from you.

Still waiting payment from Mr.Oogieboogie and if I don't get it I'll assume it's a non-repayed personal debt and deal with it accordingly.

For next year xmas party, the full amount will be payable up front with no exceptions or someone else can organise it and write £360 non-refundable cheques from their own pockets.

Because you're a nice guy and this site is important to, and appreciated by, a lot of us. Water off a duck's back, bud. Exhaust, so to speak. Personally, I think your attitude is the whole reason this resource exists, so I'd like more attitude, please.

Why do I bother?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

well Nicki and were all set to go then by son caught my daughters face with his foot (if you follow the links at he bottom you will see why i spent most of saturday in the hospital as this thing appears to have its own blood supply) this growth has come from nowhere the 1st pic is about 6 weeks ago and the 2nd pic is the other day i have now managed to move the plastic surgeon appointment to this thursday as it was christmas eve although they think this may be some kind of granual paloma im pretty sure its some kind of tuma so sorry for missing the meal i would have sooner been there than in a&e arguing about why this is not being removed just patched up, just pm me your address so i can pay the deposit

http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/oogieboogie1/hope/

all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Ouch, that looks very painful!

Thanks for anteing up the deposit and sorry you couldn't make the meal. As you can see, we all had a lovely time and it would have been good if you could have made it. Next year... :)

Patty and I finally arrived home on Thursday morning (GMT-5:00), had a couple of long days at work, and caught up on some much needed rest. Right, now back to the forum!

We had an absolutely fantastic time at the Christmas Party as well as for the duration of our stay. It was great to finally meet so many of you in person -- Bibs, Laura, Kimbers, Yasuo, Nick F., Neal, Sparky, Trevor, Kim, GKP & Louise, Paul & Sarah, Sue & John, Felix & Louise, and everyone else; to see some familiar faces (Christopher, Matt, Kevin); and to welcome new people to the fold (Alan and Evi)! :)

Quite frankly, we were overwhelmed by the whole experience, and can't find the words to express what a great time we had! :D

We have a few pictures from the dinner and that evening, will post shortly; also will start another thread to share some of the great experiences we had the past week.

Thank you all for a wonderful time, and most especially Bibs and Laura for their hospitality and for putting together a great Christmas Party! :cheers:

- Tony & Patty

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Yeh ditto on that. Great to meet some more cousins from across the pond. Fabulous :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

How's this for a start? :D

RealTonyK.jpg

Edited by Tony K

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Next year I want to see the reciprocal "Unreal" Tony K t-shirt.

How's this for a start?

. . . and by the way, here's a picture of Moxie! :thumbup:

GuthrieTartan.jpg

Edited by Tony K

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Damn, I look so good I want to shag myself. No wait, that's actually nausea I'm feeling. Hang on...I'm also getting a headache and the shakes.

I'm not sure this is what Nick had in mind when he gave me the mock up, but then again the tartan was originally intended for kilts and not S1 seats.

. . . and by the way, here's a picture of Moxie!