Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back to School - Gresham School - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back to School - Gresham School

Bibs

This is a bit in advance but perhaps it will give people enough notice to get their cars working in order to have some fun on a day out :)

greshamschool.JPG

20th May 2011

Gresham’s is a family of medium –sized co-educational boarding and day schools(3) with about 950 students in beautiful countryside in Holt, North Norfolk. They have almost 300 boarders and the School is extremely active, both during the week day evenings and the weekends however we are always looking for new and interesting experiences for our students.

As part of the activities/events the Headmaster has asked us arrange for a procession of Lotus cars at the School. From experience they know how impressive a car park of Lotus cars is (their Bursar is the ex FD of Lotus Cars!), and how stunning they look driving slowly through somewhere like Holt which becomes itself a thrill for the town. On offer will be an excellent destination, an enthusiastic young audience who will photograph everything, a traditional school lunch with the students and the Headmaster( the crumble is excellent!), some sport to watch, rugby, cricket, hockey depending on time of year, a beer a cup of tea slice of cake etc.

I'm hoping for 50+ cars. Perhaps we can book a nice local hotel on the evening and make a weekend of it, some golf on Saturday morning too perhaps, who knows?

Please express your interest and also suggestions for the event below. Crumble, mmmm :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bibs, looks like they have a Chapel attached to the school ( just like the one at my school where I first learned to play the Church Organ). I'd love to come along and perhaps give you guys a a short recital if the school is up for it?

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Sounds fun.

I'll see if a few of the NMEG guys can scrounge a day off work :construction:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Gold FFM

Sounds like a good excuse for a jaunt in Norfolk. I'm expecting to do a Goodwood track day in May but haven't got the date yet so count me as provisional for now. I don't know the area that well but my uncle & aunt are not far from there in Blakeney, which has a reasonable selection of accommodation for various budgets and a handful of pubs & restaurants for decent food. A nice setting too, with the nature reserve and seals at Blakeney Point. Think there's a rather decent hotel a bit further west - Morston maybe? I remember doing a great run over to Southwold & Dunwich from Hethel in the Elan with LEC a few years ago and can probably find the notes if anyone wanted to use that to create a route.

I remember doing a great run over to Southwold & Dunwich from Hethel in the Elan with LEC a few years ago and can probably find the notes if anyone wanted to use that to create a route.

I can get the exact route for you Tom!

Dave.

As long as I have a motor then it's a defo! Couple of my mates went there.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I can get the exact route for you Tom!

Happy memories Dave! We had decent weather that weekend and great fun hooning about with 15-20 Elans. I remember the queue getting into the factory too!

Sounds good to me :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone loves a list, c'mon...

1 & 2 - Bibs & Laura - Esprit, perhaps...

3 Guy Munday - Evora IPS?

4. GKP - Esprit

I've said we'll have at least 15 cars for this, anyone fancy actually getting off their asses and coming and having a great time with their cars and friends in a stunning location?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Me too, but just started a new job and all my holiday is allocated for the remainder of the year.

Holt is only 30 miles from home, chance of meeting up with like minded people, cars, good food and sunshine (?) or go to work...mmm :unsure:

Colin

• Gold FFM

Is there any more info on timing? I'm flying back home late on the Thursday night after a business trip so would have to travel up on the Friday morning and it's probably 3 hours or so. I'm booked at Rockingham on the Saturday for some driver training so couldn't do anything on Saturday but might manage Friday night if there's anything planned.