Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Only 4 days left to save Avro Vulcan XH558 - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Only 4 days left to save Avro Vulcan XH558

bingoking

Read the SA CAA report.

The UK CAA would not allow it to fly in the UK due to it's in-service safety record.

They applied to fly ZU-BEX down to SA but weren't allowed.

Noise would have been a problem too but could have been managed as necessary.

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

• 5 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 years later...

any time info Brian?

edit - Duxford at 2.08 pm and I am on the flight path whoop!

Dave.

So for a big bird that was quite a strange flyover above East Herts - positively ghostly! No wonder the Argies had no clues! The only real tell tale was the lull in Stansted traffic hence the ghostly bit. That and the fact that she came from dark skies into relative brightness. 

Far different from the display I saw at the FOS a few years back of course. And Bruntingthorpe a few years further back

Managed to get a couple of long range pics that don't amount to much on zooming in. Heyho

Dave.

• Gold FFM

Only had to drive 2 miles to be under it today. Right over the old Rolls Royce establishment at Leavesden.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.