Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Renault GP - Page 11 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Renault GP

Bibs

Why send Proton Engineers when Lotus engineers are recognised as masters in their field? Surely they would be better and understand where the crossover between race and road could come?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Lotus will be sending engineers to Enstone and vice versa, about 30 of them was the first idea.

And that proves what? Nothing to me! It does not mean if you send someone that it'll pay off, or that you have any influence on design or anything on the F1 car at all. And I can not imagine what single would be better on a Lotus road car, compared to Reanult F1 car. That is just a litte (cheap) trick to soothe the people. Well Bahar has lied about almost everything, if not everything, so why not adding another lie as well about some engineers? One lie more, or one lie less, what's the difference? :whistle: To our Tukish friend it's all the same. The only thing for him to do, to make up with his lies is to bring a state-of-the-art car. And not that "new" Esprit that is coming next year, that will only have a new bodyshell, the chassis was already there under MJK, quite a lot (fired) people are happy to admit that. The others are afraid to lose their jobs. The major work has already been done when the Turk came in. And building a new (reliable) V8 in just 1 year, makes me laugh, it will be a rebadged engine for sure. Even Bahar has figured out already that no one with a normal mind and little bit of common sense, will buy the far too expensive "new" Esprit. They have to sell around 1000 units a year, but let me remember that last V8 Esprits were sold for a bit more than half the money we are talking about, and yet Lotus could only attract around 150 people a year to buy one... I give up on the people who don't see the real big (Turkish) issue here. I don't want to visit 100 parts fairs just to find parts in a few years, so please make hime leave... And Renault can be Renault again. or should I say Lada Renault, as their sticker is almost the same size as the one from Lotus... we are the laugh in town, everyone I know is telling me: hey,great Lada you have... Bahar should be ashamed to put our favourite logo almost next to the Lada logo!

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Hard to see what engineers will learn (other than how to deliver to strict time scales!)

I believe that the tartan weave carbon / kevlar chassis that Lotus had when they last made black and gold cars was really cutting edge. They were hand in glove with the road car company, but Lotus never moved to be THE carbon composite car manufacturer

When are the Enstone engineers going to have time to go to Hethel?

Gert. I'm pretty sure they didn't know what else would be associated with them when they decided to sponsor Renault....Though I bet they were disappointed when they saw that, from the side at least, you can't even see Lotus, all you see is Lada.

As for the Engineers thing I was sure they talked about Proton Engineers not Lotus. Nevermind, not important really.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Gert. I'm pretty sure they didn't know what else would be associated with them when they decided to sponsor Renault....Though I bet they were disappointed when they saw that, from the side at least, you can't even see Lotus, all you see is Lada

It came from "The Turk" again that Petrov was their favorite for the position of 2nd driver, and he brought Lada with him last year, what was going to be different? So they knew it from the start! So it is my point exactly: you can't even see any prove of "Lotus" from the side, except from the www.lotusrenault.com address in (very) small font.

Yet again big marketing errors, from, and all that from a marketing guru...

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Look on the side of the red car and the only clue is a web address in a small font

Not all cars are like the Red Bull (there is even less "Lotus" on the Team Lotus car)

I really don't like it when teams plaster their car with their own badge, that badge on the Ferrari is hideous

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!